1st trip to Bonaire - What to bring and what to leave at home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salth2owannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My first trip to Bonaire is fast approaching. I'm looking for advice on the not so obvious things to bring and those things that just take up precious luggage space and should be left at home.
Thanks.

My first trip to Bonaire is fast approaching. I'm looking for advice on the not so obvious things to bring and those things that just take up precious luggage space and should be left at home.
Thanks.

Things to take: hard soled booties, Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy, bug spray, powdered GatorAde or Crystal Lite,small packs of spices if you will be doing any cooking

Things to leave at home: jewelry, hairdryer, make-up, half the clothes you think you will need

Don't bring glow sticks for night diving. They don't allow them.
Don't bring any worries, you're going to have a great time.

My must-haves for shore entries & exits.
One for fins & one for camera...
P3080899.JPG

Thanks all,
That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. No glow sticks allowed? I hadn't heard that one. I was going to throw in a couple - I'll leave them at home.
Thanks

Sunscreen esp if you are pasty like me. Meds from home like decongestant, IB, etc.... Don't want to have to go hunt those down and interrupt your diving day. We went to the grocery store and bought what we needed to eat lunch in our apartment. There was a refrigerator so we just froze our water bottles overnight and they were good to go the next morning. All I wore while there were t-shirts, flip-flops, shorts and my bathing suit. Everything seemed super casual. I loved Bonaire, can't wait to get back for two weeks this summer.

Go very light on "nice clothes" A few items that use can use for nice meals out is OK but shorts and a nice T shirt works almost anyplace. In a Polo shirt you will be styling.

Bring OLD T-shirts as cover ups when out for the day diving. If they get pilfered no loss. If you need the luggage weight for souvenirs you can leave them behind.

If you happen to be at Buddy Dive they don't provide face cloths, just one scrunchie per room. If that's not cool with you bring a few old washcloths.

While shore diving you won't want to be leaving a good dive bag in the truck. Having a few cloth bags (trade show freebies or dirty old cloth grocery bags) was very helpful in keeping things organized.

If you still have room pack me.:D

Have a great trip.

Pete

Also, don't bring anything higher in denomination than a $20. most places will not accept anything higher. ATM machines all over, where you can obtain antillean florin or us$. Average rate: $1 = 1.78 FL.

Liz

Leave kids and other non divers at home,nothing to do for them on Bonaire
:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom