1st Timer!! Where to stay in Cozumel? (Mid-price or B&B's)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m1oko

Reaction score
Hello Experts!
Travelling down to Coz with my fiancee for the first time in January, but we don't know where to stay. Looking for something clean, friendly, quiet and relatively convenient. No resorts! My fiancee doesn't dive, so it needs to be a place where she can relax during the day or close to a beach....

Ok, what are you favorites?? Thanks!

:confused:

m1oko once bubbled...
Hello Experts!
Travelling down to Coz with my fiancee for the first time in January, but we don't know where to stay. Looking for something clean, friendly, quiet and relatively convenient. No resorts! My fiancee doesn't dive, so it needs to be a place where she can relax during the day or close to a beach....

Ok, what are you favorites?? Thanks!

:confused:

Caribe Blu (formerly Lorena http://www.lorenahotel.com/). Moderately priced, excellent dive op on site (Blue Angel), no bar or restaurant but a cheap cab ride to the eateries in town, small (21 rooms), excellent "hanging out" areas, pool, dock, clean AC'ed rooms all with ocean view, very close to the water... I love the place and have been staying there for 21 years.

There's no actual beach there, but no place close to town has one. There's a couple of sand patches with chairs and palapas near the water, though, and there's good snorkeling right off the dock.

I stay at Casa Mexicana. Puts my wife right downtown for the action and I take the taxi to somewhere to meet the dive boat or dive with someone who picks up at the piers downtown.

It's very clean and modern and reasonably priced. One drawback, you-re not at a beach, but there are lots of nice ones a short taxi ride or a moderat walk away.

Rich Hagelin

We took a peek at Casa Mexicana when we were in town this month. It looked great. The view of teh cruise ships was great, and there wasn't much street noise to speak of. The rooms were nice too (Some kind folks let us browse their rooms).

I'd consider it next time. As you say, it's right in town, but somehow feels "safe" and cozy.

We just got back last night from a weekat the Reef-scape, (formerly the Brisas). I highly recommend it. It is a great value and VERY clean & friendly. Food and drinks were great too. They really are service oriented.

It is a 5 minute walk to town, or $3 taxi fare. I think for non-divers this proximity to town is a big plus.

The dive operation on-site was great. (Dive Paradise) and there is a little beach there too. You can shore dive, daytime and night. the resort is full of divers but there were non-divers there too.

We will return there for sure.

:sombrero: Followed a LDS group to Reef Club; never again! Nice resort, but except for the employees - you would have thought you were in Miami. All Inclusive food got boring fast, but it was $13 cab to town. Long hike to boat dock.

Next time, Jan 24th, I'm going with a Singles Dive Group, and I stopped by Casa Del Mar for an inspection...

http://www.casadelmarcozumel.com/default2.htm

Nice rooms, and although motel is close to town and on main road, it's noise protected by a a wall facing the road, the motel grounds elevated above so you don't see the wall below. Pool, jacuzi, restarant, and bar on grounds. Sky bridge directly to boat dock and sand patch, short ride to nice beach.

They offer B&B packages with or without diving discounts. Looking forward to it...

don :bandito:

Las Brisas is a nice hotel and dive paradise was great when I went this Summer. The only disadvantage is the food, its not that great, but your going to be eating out every night right?
:D

Heading out for Coz tomorrow moring. stayed there in June. Close to town, clean, most rooms have view of the water. swim up bar, pool and a dive shop.

Good Diving

Back
Top Bottom