1st stage with spg question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NickPhillips

Registered
Reaction score
This seems like a simple but unknown question to me. Anyways, I went to my LDS and bought the HOG Gear Black Face SPG for a stage/deco bottle. I grabbed a HP hose without looking when I meant to grab a LP hose. Will it have any affect on my SPG or 1st stage if I just use it as a hp SPG rather than LP? thanks ahead of time for the answer!

They have different threads. A LP hose won't screw onto the SPG or into the HP port on the first stage. But, if you grabbed a HP hose, that's what you needed.

It sounds like you don't know exactly what each part on a scuba regulator does. I'd suggest going back to the LDS and asking them to assemble the kit, and explain to you what they did and why. That way you can be sure it's assembled properly.

Well I guess I unknowingly grabbed what I needed. Thanks for the quick response!

This seems like a simple but unknown question to me. Anyways, I went to my LDS and bought the HOG Gear Black Face SPG for a stage/deco bottle. I grabbed a HP hose without looking when I meant to grab a LP hose. Will it have any affect on my SPG or 1st stage if I just use it as a hp SPG rather than LP? thanks ahead of time for the answer!
Take some time and learn more about your equipment...HP-vs-LP hose is some of the very basics of diving...You'll be less likely to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous sellers and better able to handle emergencies if you know your equipment......And I don't know what kind of set-up your putting together for a stage/deco bottle, but go to Divegearexpress.com or one of the other sites that specializes in stage/deco gear and see what they have.........

Back
Top Bottom