1st stage for 100% O2 deco bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, yes... there's always that

But then I'd have to find something else to bitch about!

I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between my 50's & 200's.

Think I'd be getting it serviced & finding something else to bitch about.

Mind you having a service is no guaranty. I just had my ATX 200 serviced & had to take my second stage apart & put the valve spindle in the right way up. Some of these so called techs are a joke.

Balanced/unbalanced shouldn't make a difference at 20'.
I use a MK2+ so far so good. I got mine on close out so it was really cheap. BTW, some shops might tell you that a MK2+ can't be O2 cleaned. Obviously that is total bunk.

I believe that SP now has an O2 kit for the mk2. Seems like I read about it on a thread here or on The DecoStop. I will find out in a couple of months when I get mine serviced.

BTW, some shops might tell you that a MK2+ can't be O2 cleaned. Obviously that is total bunk.

The reason some shops may say this is because Scubapro, THEMSELVES, refuse to assume liability for having their regs put on 100% O2. My understand from my local Scubapro dealer is that the company says ALL of the entire product line should only be used on EAN up to 40%. Even Atomic regs, arguably the best in the world, will only declare in writing their hardware be used limited to 80% O2. We put Atomic M1's on EVERYTHING...but right in the owner's manual is says "Up to 80% only."

Balanced/unbalanced shouldn't make a difference at 20'.
I use a MK2+ so far so good. I got mine on close out so it was really cheap. BTW, some shops might tell you that a MK2+ can't be O2 cleaned. Obviously that is total bunk.

In the event it helps anyone, the following quote is from a 10-28-08 post on TDS by Red. It is in the regulator thread and pertains to the mk2. I could not find a part number.

"Ok let me see if I get this right. I get them right from ScubaPro.
The kit has ScubaPro standard o-ring for low pressure.
And the high pressure o-rings are green.
It has a green HP seat. And it comes with a small tube of chrisolube.
And the black end things are replaced with a green one and the disc that is behind the din wheel is yellow. I hope this helps.
And it retails for $50.00 But the good thing is if you by it and or regs is in waranty. ScubaPro will replace it each year for free. NICE."

Last edited:
Another vote for MK 2+/R190. Much better breathing reg than the OMS. Not only can they be oxygen cleaned, SP makes an O2 kit for them, with proper Orings, green mouthpiece and a green plastic cage-like piece that replaces the black one on a regular Mk2. Part number is 10062030, Kit Conv. Mk2 Nitrox (USA).

I realize there is a kit but last year I found three shops that said there was no such thing. Finally called one that is no longer a SP dealer and he said no problem. They must have done something right since I have used it with 100% and no fire or boom. I don't remember who the other two were but they came recommended by a couple tech divers that I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom