1st SB meeting, Warsaw, Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe there was not a lot of us but the meeting took place.
Because Stone came to Poland on business so together with Marek K we met.
So from the left - Marek K, then me and them Stone.
It was great to meet Stone - with Marek we meet from time to time.
Mania
PS. Marek - I already have the jacket at home:p

Hey Mania,
I'll be getting back to Brno CZ next month. I'd love to be involved in the next meeting. Perhaps it could be held at Grodek? Sorry, I only know the Czech spelling. Always good vis there.

Jeff

mania:
Maybe there was not a lot of us but the meeting took place.
OK, now explain to everyone what that wedding-cake-like thing is in the background... :eyebrow:

When (and where) can I swing by and pick up that BC? I probably don't want to drive into the parking garage where you work, and have to pay like $150 for a 1/2 hour of parking...

--Marek

OK, the wedding cake behind our back is...a gift from our old Uncle Stalin and his people.
I'm serious - it's not a joke.
We called it Palace of Culture and Science. It was build by Soviets as the so-called gift in 1954. Anyone of you who went to Moscow should recognize it - as many similar ones are there as well.
Form general point of view this is a Disney's architecture masacre but with some time we somehow started to like this building.
The major problem was that as a thank you to our Uncle Stalin and Soviet Union we had to keep on paying back for another 40 years.
Mania
Marek - PM me for the jacket story

Cool! Congrats on the get together!

I am back from Europe and I have finally made the time to check in with ScubaBoard and Mania (I had to go diving for two days, first!).

Thank you, Mania and Marek, for meeting me at the hotel. The company, conversation, and Polish beer were excellent.

I have attached another picture which is similar to Mania's picture.

Tower%20Pic.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom