1st post ("Hello World") looking for December diving location in s. Luzon island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Howdy, How Y'all doing (Greeting from North Texas, U.S.A.:)).

I guess this is my first official post to this forum. I apologize as it is a "trying to find a Dive location" question.

My mother is filipino (Born on Leyete, she bought and owns the family coconut plantation) and also lived on Manila (she owns a house on that island), but moved to the United States just 2 weeks before I was born (father was in the United States Air Force). For the past 30 years, my mother made month long trips back to the islands for years, until she retired, then she goes for 3 to 6 months. 12 years ago purchased a small "hot pool" resort. She wants me to visit while she is still around (I would love that as well). I would like to go back to 1) Pay my respects to grand parents that I have never met, or spoken 2) SCUBA diving with my wife.

This year (2019 -2020) in December, I am timidly going to travel with my wife and mother to Manila. I am not comfortable leaving the United States, and would prefer to swim with Alligators and dive with Sharks (done both). However, we are planning on visiting my mother's house in the "Hot spring's area" of Calamba ( North Between the Taal Crater lake, and south of Laguna de Bay). I have been to Cozumel, Roatan, and the Norther Bahamas for a few dive trips. I consider the Florida Key's my diving favorite (towed the boat down with the family several times, and I have been diving there since 1992). While Roatan had some very clear water (ranks up there with the clarity of Crystal River where we have dived the big spring cave and the swam with the Manatees), I still prefer the Florida Keys (lots more life than any other location I have been diving).

I am looking for information on diving the Southern area of the island of Luzon (the island where Manila is located). It appears that from where we are staying to Batangas it is roughly 45 miles. I understand that Bantangas offers diving, but we are 11 months out, and I am open to diving any where within a short drive.

I appreciate your assistance, and input,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I can't help with info on diving in the Phillipines -- sounds like a great opportunity, though.

Howdy, How Y'all doing (Greeting from North Texas, U.S.A.:)).

I guess this is my first official post to this forum. I apologize as it is a "trying to find a Dive location" question.

My mother is filipino (Born on Leyete, she bought and owns the family coconut plantation) and also lived on Manila (she owns a house on that island), but moved to the United States just 2 weeks before I was born (father was in the United States Air Force). For the past 30 years, my mother made month long trips back to the islands for years, until she retired, then she goes for 3 to 6 months. 12 years ago purchased a small "hot pool" resort. She wants me to visit while she is still around (I would love that as well). I would like to go back to 1) Pay my respects to grand parents that I have never met, or spoken 2) SCUBA diving with my wife.

This year (2019 -2020) in December, I am timidly going to travel with my wife and mother to Manila. I am not comfortable leaving the United States, and would prefer to swim with Alligators and dive with Sharks (done both). However, we are planning on visiting my mother's house in the "Hot spring's area" of Calamba ( North Between the Taal Crater lake, and south of Laguna de Bay). I have been to Cozumel, Roatan, and the Norther Bahamas for a few dive trips. I consider the Florida Key's my diving favorite (towed the boat down with the family several times, and I have been diving there since 1992). While Roatan had some very clear water (ranks up there with the clarity of Crystal River where we have dived the big spring cave and the swam with the Manatees), I still prefer the Florida Keys (lots more life than any other location I have been diving).

I am looking for information on diving the Southern area of the island of Luzon (the island where Manila is located). It appears that from where we are staying to Batangas it is roughly 45 miles. I understand that Bantangas offers diving, but we are 11 months out, and I am open to diving any where within a short drive.

I appreciate your assistance, and input,
My wife is from the area south of Laguna de Bay. I did a trip very similar to yours a few years back. I know diving can be done at Bantangas but we took a ferry from there over to Puerto Gallera. Check it out. Lots of dive operations there and prices are very reasonable.

Welcome to Scubaboard Michael.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom