1st pix- Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got back from a week at Little Cayman. Truely an amazing place. I think I suffered from sensory overload. It was also my first trip with my SP-350/PT-030. I have a lot of blue pictures, I did manage a few good shots. I don't shoot in manual yet and had one heck of a time with the UW macro setting. Seems like it just wouldn't focus.

So two questions: What external strobe should I get, and any hints for helping with the Macro setting?

Heres some of my pix:
CaymanDay212009-sm.jpg

CaymanDay212027-sm.jpg

CaymanDay212029-sm.jpg

CaymanDay212039-sm.jpg

CaymanDay212049-sm.jpg

CaymanDay1037-sm.jpg

Little Cayman is a great place to go diving.

You got some good shots....Photoshop will fix the "blue" problem on the shots.

I personally use the Inon D-180 strobe and love it. It has been replaced by the Inon .....my mind just went blank. There are tons of posts on strobe selection. I would suggest doing a search and see what is already out there.

As far as the macro....not a 350 user so I can't help. I am sure someone with a 350 can guide you.

I would also suggest looking in the Tips and Techniques forum for other ideas on improvement.

Good luck!

Yes the blues can be fixed in Photoshop (somewhat) but it's best to cure them when you shoot. For that there is one solution, get closer. Water between the camera and the subject is the enemy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom