1st dive trip with underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birdman77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here are a few pics I liked. Please give critisism the more adivce the better. Sorry if there's to many pics. Also, thanks in advance for the advice.

IMG_0437_edited.jpg

IMG_0470_edited.jpg

IMG_0056_edited.jpg

IMG_0429_edited.jpg

IMG_0306_edited.jpg

IMG_0183_edited.jpg

IMG_0146_edited.jpg

IMG_0118_edited.jpg

P.S. my zoom know broke after the 1st dive some how. Once again sorry if i put to many up.

CAN ONLY HOPE MY FIRST EXPIERIENCE TURNS out this good going to belize in april what kind of camera

Not bad for first time out and a broken zoom. The best advice I have gotton has been #1 Get CLOSE, try not to use your zoom #2 Shoot "up" at the subject #3 Shoot till your finger bleeds!

It's all over for you now. You're totally hooked, addicted and terminally destined to never dive again without a camera.

Welcome to the group. My name is Footslogger and I am an Underwaterphotoholic !!

Birdman77:
I have a canon a 620

Interesting (cuz I have shot a S&S MMII EX for about 12 years now & thinking about getting into the 21st century lol & a digital system)...Was told yesterday by someone @ B & H the A620 is D/C'ed...Is this correct??.., ie can you still buy one???......Also, did you use/buy a strobe???...good pics for the most part & trust me they will get better........thanks in advance.......Also, as someone said above, when you think you're close enough, get a little closer,....lol....good pics for the 1st time....

I've heard they're d/c also i dont know though i got mine a couple years ago. No i dont have a strobe yet prolly the next piece of equipment but thats a long way off. Any advice on taking pics of eels b/c I wasn't to eager to get close them.

Welcome to the world of perpetual debt - no matter what you buy you will always want something else !!!

Well done on your first outing - an excellent start.

You can usually get quite close to eels - start off from the distance you feel comfortable, slowly work your way closer. If the eel (or any other critter for that matter) starts to get edgy, that's close enough.

Birdman77:
I've heard they're d/c also i dont know though i got mine a couple years ago. No i dont have a strobe yet prolly the next piece of equipment but thats a long way off. Any advice on taking pics of eels b/c I wasn't to eager to get close them.

Thanks, I did a little research & found out today the 620's are out, 630 replaces them( & they make an UW case for them)....As far as eels, they won't bother you, remember, you have the camera between you & him...Get close, you'll find out it really helps....I don't take anything farhter than 4 feet or so unless some large creater happens by......good luck & thanks again....

Back
Top Bottom