1st Annual S.C.U.B.A. Luau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The area dive shop in Austin are getting together to put on this new Annual Luau. Taking place at Windy Point on Lake Travis. It sounds like alot of fun!

Here's a copy the email I got.....

Has everyone heard about the S.C.U.B.A. LUAU that is being put on by the Owners of Wendy Point Park and the Austin area Scuba Shops?????????? It's June 22nd on Sunday from to 10am till about 6:00 ish, except for those of us that are staying that night for the post party. There will be a mound of prizes worth 1000.00's of dollars. We are having quite a few different events to win prizes. There will be an Underwater Hunt, a Navigation Event, Hula Hoop Contest, Three Legged Swim Races, and a Flurry of different events put together by all the shops that will be in the water and on land!!!! Different age groups and experience levels will be seperated on certain events for fairness(gives the kids a chance). There will be Music and Dancing and of course, the afternoon delight of the Hawaiian Pig Roast Dinner (yum!!) This is the 1st Annual S.C.U.B.A. LUAU and is hoping to be an annual event every year from now on. Bring the family and all your friends!! I promise to make this a fun and eventful day.

The cost of a wrist band is 25.00 and can be gotten at Clearwater Divers at 6215 N. Lamar (35.00 at the gate) Phone: 452-6990 and most all area shops. We at Clearwater Divers will be camping on that Friday and Saturday night getting ready for the Shindig!! Anyone with a wrist band can camp for 5.00 at Wendy Point on Saturday night and I would love to have some company while we tell lies and watch the pig roast and maybe even get in a night dive!!!

We are looking for a great turn out, so get into the shop for your wrist bands by June 15th (last day of sales) and remember that the wrist band allows Park entry fees, pays for the roasted Dinner with Beverage and sides, and all the Fun Group events that will allow you to win the free prizes supplied by all the area Dive Shops!! Come on Lets Go Play!

Is this function at the public Windy Point or the Private side at Barstows? The website you listed does actually say and the directions can be taken as either one.

I have been thinking about smoking a ham with Ti leaves. No imu there though? Just kidding.

Too bad it's on a Sunday, I would have a three hour drive back and hit Monday morning.

Sounds like a great get-together. Nammit.

That's too long a drive to make late on a sunday evening. It puts us in the I-10 West traffic crossing Houston with all the other idiots coming back from weekend activities!

As of right now, I'll be out there. Let me know what your tent/gear looks like and maybe some of us can meet up. I should be there with a group from a LDS in Austin. Cya there.

Probably not, this is Texas not Hawaii. Will they have poi? It would be worth the admission price just to eat some, mmmmm - I'd have to bring my own brown sugah.

25 bucks is cheap because it costs 10 just to get in that park anyway so it's really just a 15 dollar increment - if I read it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom