1985 Capitano Securus Problems:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noah-Oldjunkdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently purchased a good-running Bauer Capitano compressor to fill personal scuba tanks at my Georgian Bay cottage. It runs well but I cannot seem to find a filter cartridge to work with it. The Bauer D-81477 "060031-410" cartridge that came with it work fine but is almost expired, so I purchased two Lawrence Factor X22570 cartridges from Filter Techs in Florida as they are supposed to be compatible, however the compressor will not accept them and they come up as a "cable or contact fault" on Securus. This of course locks out my ability to start the compressor...which is a bit of a downer.

It seems that Bauer or Jordair (The Canadian version) is of no help to me. I read some threads here in Scubaboard that there is a way to bypass the system. I certainly don't want to replace it (The Bauer solution) so if I can bypass the shutoff I should be able to use the two cartridges I have and use a timer system to know when they need replacing...CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME??

Use Bauer cartridges. I’ve had nothing but trouble with aftermarket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom