1975 Bauer Capitano & Customer support inquiry dissatisfaction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the manual for the 1980 Capitano and nearest you can get on line as they have deleted earlier versions about a year ago. Someone may have a copy downloaded for reference on the forum, You should also check if any of the parts you need changed on later models as some parts are still available.

Then IMHO when you have some background info you stand a better chance of getting the parts and advice you need than just cold calling and expecting the sales team to dance attendance for hours searching the old inventory stock for some old scrap clunker part.

https://www.bauer-kompressoren.de/f...re-part-list/capitano/1980-01-01_t133-9_1.pdf

my Rix which is another 3-stage compressor, when running at 4500psi the 1st stage is around 100psi, 2nd stage is around 600 psi, and final stage is around 4500psi. That's about 7:1 at the first stage, 6:1 at the second stage, and 7-8:1.

Not precise enough when talking about your SA-6 you clearly need better quality gauges LOL
1st stage is 100.11 psig.
2nd stage is 628.22 psig.
Further you also need to reference the air pressure 14.7 Psia. (A) and at the ambiant air temperature 70 degF
The gas temperature interstage would also help and the approach temps if you want to be accurate.
With the SA-6 you need to be accurate, Only with the Bauer et al's will a wild ass guess suffice. LOL

Further just noticed your compression ratios are also miles off
1st stage theoretical is 5.76 and 7.81 predicted
2nd stage theroretical is 4.94 and 5.6 predicted for your SA-6 build
You have a mil spec compressor you cant compare it to a Bauer it's unfair. LOL Iain

@iain/hsm fair enough, I was just trying to use rough numbers to get to "1600psi is WAY too high" for the second stage"

You guys dont do rough numbers, You have psi and CFM.
If you want rough numbers just look at what we have to deal with Bar Kilo pascals and Nm3/hr cubic meters per hour flow, That's as rough as a bears behind for rough numbers.
Then I suppose we have the French to thank for that.

"1600psi is WAY too high" for the second stage"

This is a quiz, right? Is it:

A. The pressure gauge is made in China and therefore broke.

B. The pressure is reading in kPa for Canadians and the French and should read 232.06 PSIG

C. The 3rd stage inlet valve is leaking back into the 2nd stage separator

Multiple choice, pick 2 correct answers from above ROFL

@iain/hsm no one likes the frogs,
I would have the exact compression ratios if someone would send me the full workshop manuals, cough cough :p

We cannot offer any manual for this compressor considered obsolete
We also cannot suggest lubricants nor the introduction of Nitrox into this unit.

It would be an unwise marriage

Iain Middlebrook
Manager
Marriage Guidance Department
Rix Industries

ROFL

For what it's worth, Jerzy Gurl is making good Grade E oxygen compatible air.

Thanks again to everyone for the input.
2019-07-11_082526.png

Back
Top Bottom