1939 C.J. Lambertsen rebreather (final)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimsey0

Reaction score
Just thought I'd show you guys this rebreather I've been working on (it's the WWII one, fifth down from top, and eighth, too):
Photos Lambertsen

It's done pretty much. I'd rate it at about 75% historically accurate when it comes to the parts, and about 90% historically accurate when it comes to the design. The main thing I have skipped for the moment is the DSV.... ugh.

Man did Lambertsen ever have the mind of a scientist; take a look at a cutaway of the DSV to see what I mean (second picture up from the bottom):
Photos Lambertsen

I'm not going to be doing it anytime soon, but I definitely will get around to attempting it sometime (using good 'ol ABS like the rest of the hard parts)

Going to dive it tomorrow, I'll try to post more pics then (it leaked a bit last time, but I got that resolved now, thanks to a PVC liner in my pickup truck filled with water :)

IMAG000200.jpgIMAG000600.jpgIMAG001100.jpg
IMAG0002.jpgIMAG0004.jpgIMAG0005.jpgIMAG0006.jpgIMAG0007.jpgIMAG0008.jpg

Excellent.

Lambertsen's contributions didn't stop there, obviously. And I believe he built his rebreather while still a med student.

Back
Top Bottom