180 Ikelite Viewfinder Cover Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Bought a 180 Ikelite viewfinder from Backscatter. I guess these are just rebranded Inon's as it says Inon on it, not Ikelte. Regardless, the cover for the viewfinder will not stay on and falls off just by touching it.

Does anyone else have one and have a similar issue?

I contacted Backscatter and their fix is to buy a neoprene cover from them. Will contact Ikelite tomorrow.

Here's a video of the problem.

Amazon Photos

The ikelite viewfinder looks quite different: Straight Enhanced Magnifying Viewfinder for DSLR and Mirrorless Housings some shops show this viewfinder and others one that look like your INON. Ikelite does not show anything like your viewfinder on their site.

This is brand new and think was added to Ikelite within the last couple of days. Mine is an older version that was recently removed from the website and is a Inon viewfinder that was sold by Ikelite.

Continue to be impressed with Ikelite support. Ikelite sent 2 new caps that fit the front and back of the viewfinder.

Not as impressed with my first purchase from Backscatter. When I reached out to them, no thought to contact Ikelite for me. Rather, a solution of purchasing covers from them. Not great support for the products they sell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom