15-22 July: Photography, diving, dinner and more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, finally plans are in place for my upcoming trip to Cozumel. I will be there from 15 - 22 July this year and will be diving most days. We are staying at Casa Mexicana for this trip.

Would love to meet up with fellow SBers for some dives, dinner and/or a drink.

Several members have mentioned that they would be interested in talking photography and/or doing a dive or two with me dedicated to photography and I am more than happy to do this. PM me or jot a note here and we'll set something up!

Looking forward to a great trip!

WOW! That's a long trip. Funny, I would die to be able to head out to GBR on a regular basis, and here Aussies are coming to Coz. You'll love Casa Mex. I stay there exclusively now (having stayed everywhere from Cosa Brava, to Barracuda to wherevertheheck in the past). The breakfast is great, rooms are great, location is perfect. With whom are you diving? I'll be there 6/23-7/2 ...

Man, I wish we were going to be there the same time as you again this year, I'd love to get some photo pointers, you know how I love your work.

have a great trip!

Alcina, I will be there with my son-in-law from July 10-20. Staying at Caribe Blue and diving with Jeremy at Living Underwater. Let's set something up offline where we can swap pics and stories over a beer or two. I'll fill you in on some of the dirt from our DD trip to Little Cayman last year ;-)

Hey everyone-
My name is Andrew and I am about 30 minutes north of Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport.

If anyone from Scubaboad is flying through DFW and needs help with hotels, meals, site seeing, medical, pharmacy needs, dive stores, photography stores- please feel free to contact me. I have lived in the DFW area since 1985 and have a solid knowledge of the area.
I am doing this for traveling divers. Being a Brit that settled in Texas (along time ago) I have done my fair share of time in airports- and it sucks.
If I can help out please feel free to contact me.

Regards, Andrew

Good that I'm going to have a chance to catch up with some and sad that I will miss others!

Sharky - what's another week? LOL

Crazyduck - I have to overnight in Dallas on the way back from Coz before flying out to Tokyo/Australia so any hotel suggestions would be great! I think I get to Dallas around 5pm ish and leave around 9am the next day. So just something comfortable with a good shower is all I need!

I am on the hunt!

Recently, we have had a new development of mirco-hotels just north of the airport.
They have surrounding them some interesting things and it is really close to the airport.

I am writing up the details and will have them for you soon.
Anything special you need in the hotel outside of quiet and good sheets?

Andrew

Alcina, don't know what your preference for quality is, but if it's just a comfy bed and shower there is a Red Roof Inn, Holiday Inn Select, and a Westin at Hwy. 114 and Esters Blvd., about 5 minutes from the airport. Free shuttle service is available also. That should cover all of the quality bases. :D

There are also a ton of hotels along 114 before Esters but I don't remember what all of them are. One is a Marriot I think.

Sorry Andrew, didn't mean to barge in but Red Roof is where I usually stay the night before a morning flight out. Cheap, clean, and if I leave my car with relatives to avoid parking fees the free shuttle is nice.

Thanks, Guys! Free shuttle to/from airport is a must have. Restaurant close or with a shuttle (the place I stayed last time had that to a three mile radius) is a bonus, though I may just be lazy and order delivery! Breakfast would be good as I hate eating at the airport and have to be there around 7am ish I think...

Anyone else want to get together in Coz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom