14 diving related domain names for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soblue

Reaction score
These 14 domain names for sale by owner:

super-scuba.com (is a web site home page ranking is 4 on Google. Keywords: diving center directory ranked 1; scuba diving forum ranked 9)

diving-in-australia.com ; diving-in-bahamas.com ; diving-in-mexico.com ; diving-in-usa.com ; diving-in-indonesia.com ; diving-in-maslaysia.com ; diving-in-phlippines.com ; diving-in-red-sea.com ; diving-in-caribbean.com; asia-scuba-diving.com ; thailand-scuba-diving.net ; phuket-scuba-diving.net ; liveaboards-diving.com ;

Kindly send a private message for more information.

Not sure how valuable a misspelled domain name would be...

My impression of the interwebs is that the domain name means very little if it is not completely obvious (like SCUBA.COM). All that really matters is how your page gets ranked and any good web developer can fix that so you are at the top. ScubaBoard has this going pretty darned well if I may say so myself. So, unless those domains are going CHEAP CHEAP, the name really means very little. Nothing up there is easy enough to "stumble onto" when entering the address so they are not worth any premiums.

As we used to say in the USAF..........YGTBSM

My impression of the interwebs is that the domain name means very little if it is not completely obvious (like SCUBA.COM).
Not as little as this.
Make this try: register domain name: zorglbul. Open a web site with no zorglbul in the title, nor the description, nor the keywords, nor the text. Just zorglbul should be in the domain name. Upload you website, do not submit in to any directoies, neither to any search engines.
After 2 weeks, type zorglbul in a search engine: you arrive first. T
his prooves that search engines do read domain names.
If 2 web sites has the same SEO quality, the one arriving first will be the one with the domain name including the main keywords. :wink:

I just love how people can hijack domain names for $29.95 a pop for the sole purpose of reselling them to the highest bidder....

Some would just write anything on any forum just so that their URL can appear down on their signature. :cool2:

This is true however you are creating a page and walking away. Noboidy creates a site and just walks away without submitting it. Creative developers will get "zorglbul" web page known in the search engines and directories for the shark-poop-twine (needed something obscure for the example :D) that you manufacture and sell. In fact, the good developer will have you coming up first in searches for everything you can think of.

Bottom line is, a domain name that is not a simple name to remember, is not worth anything more than the original purchase price TO ME and even then it's worth is questionanble. You are trying to captitalize on someone else's desire so.....go for it. Your names may be worth something to someone.

Not as little as this.
Make this try: register domain name: zorglbul. Open a web site with no zorglbul in the title, nor the description, nor the keywords, nor the text. Just zorglbul should be in the domain name. Upload you website, do not submit in to any directoies, neither to any search engines.
After 2 weeks, type zorglbul in a search engine: you arrive first. T
his prooves that search engines do read domain names.
If 2 web sites has the same SEO quality, the one arriving first will be the one with the domain name including the main keywords. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom