13 year old diver dies - Oahu, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Scuba diver, 13, rescued from Maunalua Bay in critical condition
A 13-year-old boy is in critical condition after lifeguards rescued him from 60 feet underwater at Maunalua Bay Beach Park this morning, according to an Emergency Medical Services report.

At around 11:45 a.m., Honolulu Ocean Safety lifeguards responded to a call about a missing scuba diver at 6505 Kalanianaole Highway. Lifeguards located the teen and brought him to shore, where Honolulu firefighters performed CPR. EMS arrived on the scene shortly after to perform advanced life support.

The patient was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Don where do you find this stuff?
Google.

Better yet, why do you find this stuff?
Discussion and opportunities to learn. This is a discussion board, and I hope that's why you read the A&I forum.

You have probably saved many lives.
I don't know about that, but I think I have saved mine a time or two. By nature I seem to be an accident looking for a place at times.

Back to the incident. Says that he passed away in the comments. Anyone know anything else?

Back to the incident. Says that he passed away in the comments. Anyone know anything else?
As far as i understood he was already pulled out of the water unconscious and not breathing, they tried to do advanced CPR but was declared dead upon arriving at the hospital.

The person diving with him said a Panic attack form very strong currents and bad visibility, they lost sight of each other and from there its anyone's guess...

That’s pretty heartbreaking to me. I lost my 16 year old a few weeks ago in an auto accident. It’s a pain no one should ever have to endure.

I wish I could tell the family that I know how they feel, but there’s nothing anyone can say that will make it any better at all.

If you have people you love, spend as much time as you can with them. Never miss a chance to be near them or take a photo or video with them. You’ll kick yourself for missed opportunities if they are snatched from you.

That’s pretty heartbreaking to me. I lost my 16 year old a few weeks ago in an auto accident. It’s a pain no one should ever have to endure.

I'm so sorry to hear that... i cant imagine how it feels like and what you are going through... may he rest in peace. god bless.

I wish I could tell the family that I know how they feel, but there’s nothing anyone can say that will make it any better at all.

If you have people you love, spend as much time as you can with them. Never miss a chance to be near them or take a photo or video with them. You’ll kick yourself for missed opportunities if they are snatched from you.

I'm sorry to hear about your lost. I lost my brother when I was 13 in car accident too. He was 16. In my dream he never grew up. He was always be my 16 years old brother even 40 years later. Time & memory were ceased for him in my brain.

Back to the accident, this place sounds like not a good place to let a newbie, especially a 13 years old, to start diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom