13 Cu. Pony Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, if you do the bracket, upside down makes access to the valve really nice; drop your right hand down, the valve should be immediately in front of the reg hose. I normally dive with the pony on, pressurized, but I had a minor leak on vacation so having it upside down meant I could charge it once before entering, trurn it off during the dive, but have quick access if I needed it.

The down side is that you have to be careful on boats, so you don't smack the pony first stage against the tank holders (if the boat uses PVC pieces to hold the main tanks). A little bit of care and it's a non-issue.

A sling, of course, is also valid, just that a bracket worked better for me, given my other gear. (I'm careful about consistency in how I gear up, just that it doesn't match what some people like; different strokes for different folks.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom