12-Year Old Builds Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic read! :D

Any photos of "The Feather" itself?

Nice job and congratulations! having a son myself that is a diver is a great feeling,Just hope he is safe and knows the nuances of diving a rebreather properly run,maintained and knowing what to do in a emergency and not getting complacent,

Dive safe Please,
Brad

"At the age of twelve, Evan became rebreather certified while designing and building his own custom, closed circuit rebreather (CCR), for a science fair project. Now at age thirteen, Evan has dived off of four continents, and plans to be the youngest person to reach the waters off of all seven."

Way to go Evan! Your caution, courage and poise are beyond your years.
I wish you all the best in your endeavors! Great interview!!

Kind Regards,
George

Very cool. In theory a re-breather is a pretty simple system, in practice it is tough to build. I once scribbled down a design, but did not have the means to produce it. The hardest part will probably be the O2 monitoring system.

Your son has done a lot of amazing things.
You have made this possible by including your family in your work & adventures.

Keep up the good work. Its great to see a family growing and having fun like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom