12-4 Wakulla County Dive Club meeting - reorganization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This Saturday coming up at 5PM EST 12-4-10 we're going to be holding the Wakulla County Dive Club meeting at Christ Church Angelican, which is on the southside of Hwy 98 just a few miles east of Crawfordville Highway. Conditions in the area have been excellent so we're hoping that alot of people can make it down for the meeting in which we want to get the club back on its feet and working on more projects and more access. Comon out an dive some of your favorite WKP sites and take action with the WCDC club in bettering the area for diving.

I joined the dive club over a year ago. Never heard a word from anyone about anything. Is the club still active? I felt like it was a waste of my money.

I joined the dive club over a year ago. Never heard a word from anyone about anything. Is the club still active? I felt like it was a waste of my money.
Are you on the mailing list? I've been getting monthly emails, but meetings are poorly attended as of recently from what I hear.

Either way, the small fee that they charge to dive the sites they have access to is well worth it to me.

PM me your email address and I'll get you added to the list.

This past year we've added more gold line into some of the more commonly dived systems and have continued to improve site access while working on making more sites available. No money is being wasted.

Conditions in the area have not been favorable until the last several weeks for much work in water and our meeting participation level has been low. Now that conditions in the water are improving, we want to get back in and improve more of the line conditions(rerunning line and adding goldline) and continue improving access(steps at several sites). We're posting online in hopes to get everyones attention and help get participation back up. We'll also address our website issues and try to get the contact lists back up to date.

We'd be happy if you come on out and give us some pointers.

Are you on the mailing list?
Apparently not. But the bUgMaN is going to put me on it.

PM me your email address and I'll get you added to the list.

This past year we've added more gold line into some of the more commonly dived systems and have continued to improve site access while working on making more sites available. No money is being wasted.

Conditions in the area have not been favorable until the last several weeks for much work in water and our meeting participation level has been low. Now that conditions in the water are improving, we want to get back in and improve more of the line conditions(rerunning line and adding goldline) and continue improving access(steps at several sites). We're posting online in hopes to get everyones attention and help get participation back up. We'll also address our website issues and try to get the contact lists back up to date.

We'd be happy if you come on out and give us some pointers.

aren't steps for sissies?

Jim, there are some great sites in Wakulla and Leon Counties that we've been granted access to because of the efforts of the club officers. I've done several dives in those systems. If not a member of the club, I'd be trespassing. So it's all in how you use the membership. If you're interested, I'll meet you in Wakulla sometime and show you some of the sites. Also, now that Mat/bugman is living in Tallahassee, I think the club will start doing more. I won't be at the club meeting this month due to other commitments, but I'd like to nominate Mat for this year's club president. Ben did a great job, but I know life's gotten in the way recently and kept him busy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom