12/2 Maui (actually Molokai) pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Mokuho'oniki Island, Molokai, Hawaii
A rare 1 and 1/2 hour dive boat trip from Kihei, Maui to Molokai that requires perfect weather and ocean conditions.
Mokuho'oniki Island is noted for its schools of Hammerhead Sharks. Today we say a few but I did not get close enough for photos.

Mokuho'oniki Island
1.jpg

Divers
2.jpg

Bandit Angelfish
Not a common site in Maui's regular dive spots
3.jpg

Charlie99:
Which boat did you take over to Molokai? Commercial charter or your own boat?

I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!

I went with Mike Severns Diving. Pauline, the owner, is a friend of mine. She makes the trip maybe twice a year.
The seas in the channel between the islands can be 10 feet or more so it is uncommon to get flat seas and no Trade Wind.
I highly recommend Mike Severns Diving as a commercial operator and that is not because Pauline is a friend. It is a good dive boat with a variety of dive sites.

Pauline did get a shot of a male Hammerhead.

Very nice...especially the anglefish.

Gilligan:
I highly recommend Mike Severns Diving as a commercial operator and that is not because Pauline is a friend. It is a good dive boat with a variety of dive sites.
I have gone with Mike Severns far south to Mike's Ridge and Pinnacle Pt on an Aloha Friday 3 tank'er, but have never lucked out with good enough weather for Molokai. Jealous, jealous, jealous :)

Mike Severns is my favorite dive op also, both for their incredible knowledge of marine life and because they go to a lot of sites that nobody else goes to. Pauline did kind of cringe, though, the day I told her that I liked her dive op because nobody else was willing to dive "sand and algae". :)

Charlie Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom