11-28 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
St. Anthony wreck
anthony3.jpg

anthony2.jpg

anthony1.jpg

Trumpetfish on the St. Anthony
trumpet.jpg

Dwarf Moray & Scorpionfish
dwarf.jpg

Frogfish (black)
frogfish.jpg

I've been on the St. Anthony a few times (diving with Ed Robinson). There was a sea turtle on it both times. He was a pushy fella. If you were in his way, he'd just nose right past you.

Did you kayak out or go with a dive operation?

David

AUTiger:
Did you kayak out or go with a dive operation?
David

Kayaked out.
I don't go out with dive operators. They are too expensive for me :D

57.gif

I couldn't remember how far from shore the Anthony was. I would love to kayak dive. I've thought about trying it out around La Jolla. I would enjoy diving on my own schedule.

I go to Maui at Christmas (with family) every other year. We stay at the Whaler Condos in Kaanapali. I'd love to meet you and maybe dive next year when we come. I've been a been fan of your photography.

David

Nice pics, as always. Thanks for sharing.

Great deck shot of the St. Anthony. The trumpetfish came out terrific, and the juxtapostion of the Dwarf Moray and the Scorpionfish is amazing. You don't get too many chances at shots like that. Nice stuff as always.

File0309.jpg

It's good too see the frogfish are back. We were there in June and couldn't find any. But on all of our previous dives we have seen 3 to 4. B&B said that it appeared that someone had tied-off to the upper railing and tore it off. :shakehead And it was on this upper railing that you found most of the frogfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom