11-18 Shale Island, Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Thank you to all of you who gave advice on my shrimp shots last week. I adjusted my super macro settings to f8 @ 1/160 and put the camera on manual focus. I had some trouble with the focus distance, as it's very sensitive at that range (.8-1.8") but I did get some much improved shots on the shrimp.

PB180021-01pssm.jpg

PB180022-01pssm.jpg

PB180024-01pssm.jpg

Strawberries, anyone?
PB180034-02sm.jpg

Slug Egg Lace
PB180044-01sm.jpg

Thanks, Kapula. Have you been diving lately? Haven't seen you posting any of your lovely pictures in a while.

No I haven't Larry :( I can only dive when I'm travelling and next trip is starting on christmas eve. I mite post some oldies that I came across the other day. But for new pics you have to wait until late january or early february.

My scales are getting dry... maybe I should wear my wetsuit for a while just to get the scent of it :D

Oh btw are you using your z-240 already? Have you received that H/W ttl-converter? Do those things work together? Our setups aren't quite exact but I'm looking to buy H/W converter & z-240 before the trip.

Nice shots Larry!!! Big improvement. They are hard to photograph and you did a great job. Probably a dumb question but did you notice that there are two in the first photo??

Thanks, Ken. Yes, there were three of them together while I was shooting. I tried to concentrate on the one who was in front, but I'm really happy with the DOF that allowed a clear picture of the one behind and under it.
Kapula, sorry to hear of your plight. My wife and I start to feel deprived if we miss a weekend! The Z-240 is in, but my supplier doesn't do many of the H/W converters, and it's still on order. (I know I could have gotten it elsewhere and probably should have had Cathy Church install it in Grand Cayman when I was there, but it was 15 minutes before closing on a Saturday evening, and I feel obligated as the other guys were kind enough to take back the D2000S.) Based on RJSIMP's experiences with the combo, I'm still strongly considering getting the YS-110 instead, though I know that regardless of ttl, the Z-240 will function just fine, and it's a great strobe.

Good ones Larry. The anemones came out especially well. I hear you on the focus issues, semitranslucent shrimp really throw the camera for a loop as it is not quite sure what to focus on. Show us some more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom