10bar UW housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to everybody!! :D
Again I would like to have some opinion from you people.

Decision to buy a good Digital camera with the suitable UW housing is not so easy. Especially if you are looking for housing which can deep more than 40 m (130 feets) at an affordable price and can at least at the beginning be used with the camera internal strobe.

I found the Samsung Digimax V4 with the housing SPH-V3/V4 which can go down to 70 m (Seem that the V5 works also on this housing) and the Canon Powershot G5 with the 10bar UW housing (www.10bar.com). My decision is slowly and slowly going toward the G5.

Is there anybody having experience with the 10bar housing also if not with the G5? Is it a good and trusty manufacturer? They are offering me directly the housing at $ 550 + shipping cost. If I will have the wife’s OK and housing is OK I will go for it!!!

Ciao e good dives.

I have a friend with a 10Bar housing for his Sony digital camera (sorry, don't know which model). He is really pleased with the housing, although when he took it down for the test dive there was leakage from some of the buttons. The housing was a prototype for that camera so the company was still trying to work out any production quirks. He sent it back and they fixed the problem -- no leaks since. What he likes about the housing is that there are no latches. The back panel is held in place by a vacuum that you create by purging some air from the housing through a pump valve. It's a clear housing and you can always see which button you're using and if there are any leaks. I think it's one of the deepest-rated housings on the market, too. I think you'll be pleased with the housing.

Thank you for your reply. Now I am waiting the OK from my wife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom