Question 1085 Clamp screw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sensorone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in need of a few 1085 clamp screws- does anyone happen to know the size? AL P/N 834023. Thanks in advance.

Don't know the size off hand, but how many do you need? I may have enough, and worst case I can pull measurements tomorrow to get you a size.

I need two, but was hoping to get the size and do a McMasterCarr order. I appreciate the help.

I need two, but was hoping to get the size and do a McMasterCarr order. I appreciate the help.
Sorry, got sidetracked. 8-32x 3/8. The head is 1/4 inch diameter. Pitchand diameter confirmed with tap and die set.
16965312921994025233642973849197.jpg16965313954902858308254720721693.jpg

Respectfully,

James

That's what I was looking for. Thank you for the effort. Strange that with all of the 1085 info available I haven't seen this somewhere. The 8-32 is the one screw size that I didn't have laying around to check. Much appreciated.

Did a fit check with some 8-32 stainless at Home Depot and they would not thread but a couple of turns. Tried M5 stainless and worked just like the original one I removed from a 1085 second clamp that came with a Calypso III. Tried the screw that came out of the old calypso era 1085 on a 1975 model 1085 and it will not thread properly. At least in the case of the calypso era 1085 that I have (small exhaust valve) that clamp screw is a M5. All of the newer 1085s took the 8-32. Ever seen this?

Could your clamp band have originally been from different regulator brand?

Sounds to me like the band has been changed on one or another of those 1085s. If you want it back right, Scuba Museum was offering both bands and screws last time I checked, and he advertises them as correct for that specific box. They aren’t very pricey and you’ll know what you’ve got!
🐸

Back
Top Bottom