100th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! But did you do it nekid????

Cheers -

Ha! In addition to the temps not being conducive to that, when I mentioned it to the ol' salt guiding and teaching me he was not at all interested in that. :)
7mm Deep 6 and a Henderson hooded vest. Ended up being a tad bit of overkill but far from nekid.

My 100th dive was going to be on the Roatan Invasion. Sigh...
I did my 100th a few weeks ago in Roatan. Right in between when they shut down the island, opened it back up, then shut it down again.

I did my 100th a few weeks ago in Roatan. Right in between when they shut down the island, opened it back up, then shut it down again.

Congrats on your 100th. I will NOT ask you the inevitable question.

Thank you! It absolutely felt like a new skill that I need a lot more time in. During certification, we had some 3-ish foot vis that felt horrible. But in hindsight isn't bad at all for my half of what needed to happen.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the spacial awareness required. I enjoyed the tactile focus. Not just believing your eyes or what you think should have happened, but verifying knots, etc, by feel. Even to the point of knowing where stuff should be behind me so I could "hold on" with my fins. I am a long ways from getting it right. Such a different and fun skill to work on.

My nearest lake, 20 miles one way, is known for lower vis. Some hate it. To me, it is all perspective. I find that, for me, it is the perfect place to practice skills. Blow a bag, brown water free ascents, reel handling, navigation, etc. When I can execute a skill in vis that is often less than 3 feet, it becomes a piece of cake when the vis opens up.

Thanks again for sharing!!

DW

Congrats on your 100th. I will NOT ask you the inevitable question.
Why not? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Cheers - M²

Why not? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Cheers - M²

Because:
1) It's none of my business.
2) I figured someone else would.
3) If she did and wants to share, she'll do so in a time and manner of her choosing.

Congrats, looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Back
Top Bottom