100th Dive "Tradition"

How did you dress for your 100th dive?

• Like a sensible person.

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • As the good Lord made.

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmarks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was out diving with some other folks from my shop this weekend and one of the guys said that he was a little warm in his 8/7 in the quarry and I jokingly asked him if he would be hitting #100 today and stripping it off. He got very excited about the idea of doing his 100th dive in the nude while everyone else said no way. Fortunately, he was only on about #75, so we didn't have to worry about seeing that.

It got me wondering if anybody actually does that, though. I certainly didn't. My 100th dive was in a cold Iowa quarry full of very aggressive blue gills and rock bass.

I wasn't aware of the tradition at the time, wasn't sure which dive was my 100th, and was probably in water too cold to dive without exposure protection anyway.

However, I will not allow such excuses to stand for dive #1000 and will perform a complete warhammer maneuver.

We are all born naked. In cold waters we may need a diving suit, though.

Naturists (a.k.a. nudists) do dive: divelogs - Online Logbücher für Taucher
...and it need not be #100

If you want to dive naked your #100 dive, and water temps allow it, go for it! Every experience makes us richer.

My #100 dive was something boring. I can't even recall it, although it is meticulously logged in my dive logbooks!

I was planning on it, but had to canex due to last minute mixed guests on the boat that day. I plan on making up for it on 200...6 dives away.

Dive 100, for me, was a dive vacation charter in Sydney Aus. Not sure how me in my birthday suit would have gone over with 7 new dive friends. I think I have a pretty good idea though. :)

Tobermory or the St. Lawrence (can't remember which) was not a suitable location to have much exposed flesh for dive #100....

Also, the event happened with the family present....

Exposure suit rather than being exposed for me thanks. However, my 100th dive was an unmitigated disaster involving the Harbor Police, so who am I to judge…

Challenges in your first 100 dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom