Closed 100 Cubic Foot Luxfer Aluminum Tanks

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lostdiver71

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
100 Cubic Foot Luxfer Aluminum Tanks, previously O2 clean, need Hydro, 2.8 lbs positively buoyant when empty. $140 each or $260 for both, sells new at Divers Supply for $276.95 each. My wife says that I have too many tanks! Local pickup near Jupiter, FL.

Image 3-13-20 at 12.18 AM.jpeg
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0297.jpeg

That's an error. 100 cuft of air should weigh around 8 lbs or so, and it is not possible for the tank to be 4.6 negative when full and 2.8 negative when empty.
@soonerwink is correct. It most likely should read "positively buoyant 2.8 lbs when empty".

I checked and you are correct, they are 2.8 positive when empty. Post corrected!

The Catalina 100 cu ft (13.2 liter) cylinder has an 8" (20.3cm) diameter weighs 42 lbs. (19.1 kg) when empty is 26.5" (67.3cm) tall without the valve and its buoyancy when full is -5.2 lbs. (-3.54 kg). The cylinder becomes positive retaining a 2.2 lb. (1 kg) buoyancy characteristic when completely empty.

From owning and diving both, they are very similar. I think the Luxfer may have even been more buoyant than the Catalina. I wore the same amount of weight with both.

Back
Top Bottom