$10 Homemade Go Pro Hero 3 Camera Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All I found a pretty neat idea on youtube for a camera tray for my go pro. I did something slightly different but it cost me about 10 bucks total. Here's the link where I got the idea: 10-minute DIY PVC GoPro Dive Video Rig - YouTube

My version uses 3 6"x1/2" sched 40 tubes with 2 elbows and a junction box like the one shown in the video. I used 2 of the 1/2" tubes for handles and the other I used to create inserts for gluing by cutting 2 1.5" lengths out of the total 6" tube. I used pipe cement to glue the whole thing together. I also had some old corrugated tubing that I slid over the 1/2" handles. Lastly I used my gopro wrist mount to securely wrap the gopro housing around the junction box. I wanted something smaller then what was shown in the video:D. my next project will be to get some lights for it.
IMG_0833.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,005

Back
Top Bottom