~10 days for diving, help deciding destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xvistrma

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm planning my first trip outside the Caribbean and with PTO constraints will have about ~10 days for diving, looking at Jan-Feb, most interested in reefs/animals and less interested in wrecks/muck. Since my time is limited, should I stick to 1 location? Are there 2 locations accessible enough and different enough to consider? We are not much for nightlife and crowds, but will probably take a couple days to see land things-hiking etc. Currently looking at

Puerto Galera
Bohol-Anda (should I split stay with Panglao or is it basically the same?)
Sogod Bay (seems hardest to get to?)

I feel like my trip is too short to add on thresher sharks? Will it be OK to stay in 1 location and which would be the best choice? I have FOMO...

We don't get to dive regularly and are still <50 dives so LA is not an option for now. Hubby doesn't want to commit to a LA>5 days anyway.

Thanks in advance!

With only 10 days to spare I am more incline to suggest one destination to save time on packing, repacking, travelling etc. An extra domestic flight does not make any sense especially there is "No fly" penalty.
1. Check the flight schedule FIRST. Non stop direct flight is the best to save valuable time.
2. Anilao is only about 3hrs by road from Manila.
3. Puerto Galera is a ferry away.
These two places are so near so two stops is an option. Anilao is well known for macro. "Black water" diving in the evening.
Go to PG first because of the sea crossing and then Anilao. How would you split the time is your issue.
There is a small 9 hole golf course outside PG and is in the mountain.

I agree with @Centrals

IF you are really into macro go to Anilao, otherwise just go to Puerto Galera and you can have a good mix of macro and reefs. Try to get a trip (or two) to Verde Island from PG.

I highly recommend Asia Divers and their accommodation and great food at El Galeon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom