1)New bio fins for Belize 2) need good fin for size 5.5 women's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok so I have completely bought into the hype and am gonna get the Bio Fin for my ambergris caye trip. Since I'll be doing 14+ dives, will be able to report on the differences between the bio fin and my current Cressi Frog plus. I'm hoping for decreased leg fatigue and efficiency

Was considering fullfoot fins to but I already have boots and live in SF and occasionally go abalone free diving.

Also, my girlfriend has munchkin feet (5.5 women's). On our last trip she wore rental children's pool flippers! We need something much better. Any suggestions????? Does the biofin come that small?

I bought my wife these fins 5 years ago
Cressi Clio Fin

We typically only bring carry-on luggage on any trip and these are small and lightweight, so they are super easy to pack and she seems to love them, and has no issue with moving.

I have never used such fancy fins as the bio fins so I cannot compare, but personally im only ever lightly kicking so fins to me aren't a big deal.

My wife only snorkels a couple times a year, so I wasn't going to spend much on her fins. Based on my experience, the best bang for your buck with fins are Tusa, either the Imprex or Liberator X-ten. Both are very flexible, so work well for snorkeling and also for easy tropical diving. I think Tusa makes one of the best basic buckle systems--solid, easy, and reliable. And there is just something about the fit and feel of Tusa that is very nice. But nicest of all is the price. I bought my wife the size small X-ten for $37, with my regular LDS discount. The overall quality of the fin is easily what you otherwise find in the $75-$100 range. She loves it, and I can even dive it with a tropical boot. It "might" fit in carry on luggage too. My very first fin many years back was the Imprex, and it served me very well in temperate water. (My go to tropical fin for years has been a pair of old US Diver Blades--lots of fun to dive these; you can sometimes find a pair on ebay, but they won't fit in carry on luggage.)

BTW, when will you be on Ambergris? I'll be there 3/26-3/29.

Ok so I have completely bought into the hype and am gonna get the Bio Fin for my ambergris caye trip. Since I'll be doing 14+ dives, will be able to report on the differences between the bio fin and my current Cressi Frog plus. I'm hoping for decreased leg fatigue and efficiency

Was considering fullfoot fins to but I already have boots and live in SF and occasionally go abalone free diving.

Also, my girlfriend has munchkin feet (5.5 women's). On our last trip she wore rental children's pool flippers! We need something much better. Any suggestions????? Does the biofin come that small?

Scubafanatic:
yeah that's what I am thinking. My LDS does have some x-small bio fins that I may get for my lady. Rather fancy fins for a newbie but think she will like them

Mahjong: will be getting there 3/27. First dive 3/28 with reef adventures at hol chan. You?

I'm booking my first day (3/26) at the local reef with Reef Adventure (still waiting for confirmation from Cap'n Ron). Was going to play it by ear after that. For Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley I was planning on scheduling an afternoon snorkel trip with my wife on a day when I wouldn't be doing a full day of diving to Blue Hole and/or Turneffe.

Scubafanatic:
yeah that's what I am thinking. My LDS does have some x-small bio fins that I may get for my lady. Rather fancy fins for a newbie but think she will like them

Mahjong: will be getting there 3/27. First dive 3/28 with reef adventures at hol chan. You?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom