1.5" vs 2" SPG comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akchan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone show some pics of 1.5" and 2" spg on backplate and wing. Single tank

I have very good eye sight and don't think I need a 2". But would like to see pics and hear feedback. Will help with travel packing.

Will plan to use 24" hose on apeks xtx200 FSR reg, which was what I found based on research.

Any ressearch shows that there are no brass and glass 1.5"? only brass and polycarbonate?

This website has good photos of size comparison. I use the 1.5 inch size. Thye are very thin but the lens is plastic, not glass, if that matters to you. I went to the smaller size to save weight and space. Now that I have a prescription mask I am golden. The 24 inch hoses just did not work for my eyes, even with the new mask, I have slowly shifted to a 30 inch Miflex Carbon hoses. I unclip, look at it, clip it back. Only need to look at it four or so times a dive.

DGX Thin SPG, Naked

This is still on a 24 inch hose, you can see the little SPG tucked in down there, sorta:

IMG-3411.jpg

Much will depend on how high you mount the tank in the bands, so your best bet is to use a fabric tape or piece of line to simply measure. Also make sure to allow for the fact the boltsnap is tied a bit back from the end of the hose. FWIW, I like to be able to reach my valve, and a 24" didn't work for my singles setup.

I would also get the glass face for scratch resistance. If that means 2", then so be it.

I have had a couple of the plastic faced SPG leak. Didn't affect performance, but water got into the gauge face. I was using them on sling bottles, and those tend to get bounced around. I use the 2" brass and glass on my primary regs. I have a 30" hose on my single tank setup. I have a bit of.... girth... and 24" was much too short.

I split the differences and ordered a 1.75" glass face with a 26" flex hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom