1,000 Islands Trip Sept 18-20- Buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I recently took a trip to the 1,000 islands region of NY and am planning to go back for more wreck diving on September 18-20. Would there be any divers in the area interested in showing more of the area?
Thanks in advance,
Jason

If your not from the area- I know of three shore dives, however it would be more interesting to also take in some recreational boat dives to take in more of the views. Anyone care to join? Water temps appear to be in the high 60's.

I can't this weekend, but can the rest of the month. I am in Syracuse for work and was up in Alexendria Bay last weekend. If another weekend works let me know.

I can't this weekend, but can the rest of the month. I am in Syracuse for work and was up in Alexendria Bay last weekend. If another weekend works let me know.
Thanks for the offer Spartandude. I'm locked in for this weekend, and my travel time is five hours each way. No rain so I hope the vis is better than last month, however the ambient temps are starting to drop. I hope your dives go well!

I can't, but some shore dives:

The St. Louis in Cape Vincent - Probably the worst of the shore dives. It's just to the east of the boat launch.

Frink Park in Clayton - Haven't done this one yet, but see lots of divers there

The Islander in Alex Bay - Parking can be tight, but it's a nice little dive. Be sure to head east along the bottom, ~25 ft deep and you'll hit the "restaurant" which is something to check out underwater.

Bonnie Castle Platforms in Alex Bay - Common dive site that has some submerged platforms, a fiberglass run about, and a car from the '50s.

Hunts dive shop right outside of Clayton is great; they do charters but I'm guessing they are booked this close.

Jason who did you dive with? Bluefoot?
Hi EdC, I reached out to a few dive shops and charters, including bluefoot. The charters don't appear to take on singles like other places. A little frustrating. I've been told to hang out at the dive shop and try to connect with others going out for the day. Hunts set me up with a kind and knowledgeable diver to buddy up on a few dives last month. Do you recommend anyone other than Bluefoot?

I can't, but some shore dives:

The St. Louis in Cape Vincent - Probably the worst of the shore dives. It's just to the east of the boat launch.

Frink Park in Clayton - Haven't done this one yet, but see lots of divers there

The Islander in Alex Bay - Parking can be tight, but it's a nice little dive. Be sure to head east along the bottom, ~25 ft deep and you'll hit the "restaurant" which is something to check out underwater.

Bonnie Castle Platforms in Alex Bay - Common dive site that has some submerged platforms, a fiberglass run about, and a car from the '50s.

Hunts dive shop right outside of Clayton is great; they do charters but I'm guessing they are booked this close.
Thanks SpecialTest! I will check the other dives out. Looking to do some boat dives if I can find a open seat.

Hi EdC, I reached out to a few dive shops and charters, including bluefoot. The charters don't appear to take on singles like other places. A little frustrating. I've been told to hang out at the dive shop and try to connect with others going out for the day. Hunts set me up with a kind and knowledgeable diver to buddy up on a few dives last month. Do you recommend anyone other than Bluefoot?

Andrew is the only one me and my buddies have been out with on the US side, he's a great guy. I got the impression if the boat was going out and wasn't full a single would be no problem, we had a single with us two days in June.

Andrew is the only one me and my buddies have been out with on the US side, he's a great guy. I got the impression if the boat was going out and wasn't full a single would be no problem, we had a single with us two days in June.
Hi EdC, Thanks for the feedback on Bluefoot. It's not very empowering being a single diver looking for a spot on a boat. Understandably outfits are looking to fill a boat, and hopefully with a full group.
I see you live in CT- I'm in NY. Any favorite shore dives in the Sound?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom