Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So I know that regs need to be O2 clean for o2 and have viton o-rings,
but ASIDE FROM THAT....

do you guys have any reccommendations for the reg for my 02 deco bottle.

My other regs are APEKS and Diverite and I really like them.

I was thinking about the entry level Oceanic, plus its green, bonus.
-mike

I use the el-cheapo Dive-rite reg with an evironmental kit. Would make a lot of sense for you since you've already got dive-rite regs.

mgersch@cox.net:
So I know that regs need to be O2 clean for o2 and have viton o-rings,
but ASIDE FROM THAT....

do you guys have any reccommendations for the reg for my 02 deco bottle.

My other regs are APEKS and Diverite and I really like them.

I was thinking about the entry level Oceanic, plus its green, bonus.
-mike
If you already have Apeks and DiveRite regs for your backgas I would reccomend that you use Apeks or DiveRite. You have said that you like these regs so why get somthing different.

I believe that the DiveRite regs are already good to go for Oxygen and Apeks makes regs that are ready right out of the box. If you are not sure about a specific regulator you can get it cleaned and properly prepared for a moderate fee. You might want to get a new regulator for your backgas and move one of your older regs to Oxygen bottle use, this would be easily accomplished at the next service. Just have the specific reg cleaned for its new intended use and there you go.

If you have regs that are essentially the same it can make repairs and dealing with problems a bit easier. Many technical divers have all of their regulators cleaned for oxygen service so they can swap regs at the dive site in the event of a failure. Even if you maintain your regs in this manner I would encourage you to dedicate one specific reg to oxygen use.

Mark Vlahos

If your terminology is correct and you are going to be decompressing on this regulator, you may want something a little more high performance and easy breathing that the Oceanic unbalanced piston reg. Decompression times can be quite long, and the last thing that you need at the end of the dive is to be breathing heavy.

Apeks makes an O2 clean DS4/TX40 that is also green. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom