02 Clean tank labelling when switching from Nitrox to Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rvojr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If the fill station is using banked EAN32 and also has air filtered as such:
"All air is Grade E Oxygen Compatible. This means you can fill up your Oxygen Clean Tank with air without worry of contamination!"
Can I use a hang tag or something to label it rather than Nitrox stickers if I want to go back and forth between the two?

Analysis-Marking.jpg

Is that just white duct tape? That is exactly what I was looking for. I thought it had to be more complicated than that.

Thanks. My terminology was off. Now I found the analysis stickers along with other threads discussing this.

If the fill station is using banked EAN32 and also has air filtered as such:
"All air is Grade E Oxygen Compatible. This means you can fill up your Oxygen Clean Tank with air without worry of contamination!"
Can I use a hang tag or something to label it rather than Nitrox stickers if I want to go back and forth between the two?

Why use nitrox tag at all write 21.2 nitrox on the tank. the sticker says it is nitrox ( air is nitrox) and trimix is not allowed. it also says the minimum level of air allowed to be put in it. Hyp E or better. At one time the nitrox sticker meant O2 level nitrox > 40% which at one time was the limit for the term Oxygen use and set the requirement for O2 cleaning and hyp E. Those days it was sat for nitrox using grade E and deco required Hyp E. Its sunfortunate that 23.5 is now the limit for O2 designation.

Is that just white duct tape? That is exactly what I was looking for. I thought it had to be more complicated than that.
Just a cheap roll of masking tape and a marker. The tape stays on even underwater.

DSCF1170.JPG

RV...

Attached is my method...I have the blank sticker on the tank before filling...complete the sticker during analysis...just good grade white duct tape...does not leave any glue residue like shop analysis tape and masking tape...

For NITROX cleaned air...your percentage is 20.9/21...as your analysis indicates...

The information on the sticker was what I found being used on NC charters...and I've carried it forward ever since...

Best...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom