More Evidence For the Long Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Check out the full page picture in the most recent (April) issue of SCUBA DIVING magazine on page 20. What do you think is going to happen to that fan coral when the diver moves out of that pose? This wouldn't have been an issue if the diver had been using a long hose.

Rick Inman:
Check out the full page picture in the most recent (April) issue of SCUBA DIVING magazine on page 20. What do you think is going to happen to that fan coral when the diver moves out of that pose? This wouldn't have been an issue if the diver had been using a long hose.
Yeah, saw that! My first thought was: Damn, anything for photo op.......

Maybe a long hose would be the second priority, the first would be to get a clue!!

Anyone want to scan and post the relevant part of the picture?

jonnythan:
Anyone want to scan and post the relevant part of the picture?
I can do it tomorrow sometime, if someone else doesn't get to it first.

That would most likely be a copywrite infringement unless you can get permission from the magazine to post it here so we can ridicule it.
(In other words don't do it... it is against our TOS.)

You could post a link if the pic is published on the web.

Information wants to be free!! :eyebrow:

Good point. I'll see if my shop has a copy when I go to complain about my short fills :wink:

Uncle Pug:
That would most likely be a copywrite infringement unless you can get permission from the magazine to post it here so we can ridicule it.
(In other words don't do it... it is against our TOS.)
Cool...a MOD slamming the new MOD..and they are both DIR advocates...what would Nova think?? Its a setup...I'm sure :wink:

I bought a diving DVD yesterday and it sounds like I saw a lot of the same lack of respect for the reef I believe your picture shows (I haven't seen picture). I kept on getting pissed off at divers grabbing ahold of coral, seeing fins brushing against coral, and one shot where the diver was headed toward an overhang a bit high. They cut the shot just before the top of her head rammed the rock ledge. Obviously the rock ledge probably didn't care, unlike the coral, I just thought it was funny.

Oh, all along the music was saying "teach your kids..." in ref. to protecting the reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom