HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx:
The ones by Green Force look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with them?

Hi, I just picked up the greenforece 10 HID from Manta, their US distributor. Best light ever. the quality is spectacular.

I have a Terkel. Don't buy one :wink:

Nicely made, and bright, but the focusing cannot be adjusted underwater, which is a big head scratcher for me. Obviously not the best design ever.

jonnythan:
I have a Terkel. Don't buy one :wink:

Nicely made, and bright, but the focusing cannot be adjusted underwater, which is a big head scratcher for me. Obviously not the best design ever.

The pressure on the threads makes it ill advised to re-focus underwater. I wonder if many of the other focusable lightheads would also fall under this category? But then again, I've never had to refocus underwater, so it's not an issue for me.

I also have a Sartek 10w. Its got to be at the low end of the 10w HID's. Its a good bargain back up / Buddy light. But if you can swing it, I'd invest another couple of bucks and get something other than the Sartek. The corners they cut just make this light a B-level playah.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I also have a Sartek 10w. Its got to be at the low end of the 10w HID's. Its a good bargain back up / Buddy light. But if you can swing it, I'd invest another couple of bucks and get something other than the Sartek. The corners they cut just make this light a B-level playah.

Well, taste differs. I have the Sartek 10W as well, and calling it a back up light is like comparing glotoobs to candlelights. This light is imho the best buy of the 10W HID canlights. And it can focus UW. Remember, Sartek "invented" the UW HID lights! :dazzler1:

And BTW - their customer service is excellent!

-Henrik

Henrikdk:
Mo2vation:

Well, taste differs. I have the Sartek 10W as well, and calling it a back up light is like comparing glotoobs to candlelights. This light is imho the best buy of the 10W HID canlights. And it can focus UW. Remember, Sartek "invented" the UW HID lights! :dazzler1:

And BTW - their customer service is excellent!

-Henrik

Word on the street is their patent was just pulled on the HID, it seems like they were not honest with the patent office. My experiences with their lights have been sub par as well as others I know of.

Warren_L:
The pressure on the threads makes it ill advised to re-focus underwater. I wonder if many of the other focusable lightheads would also fall under this category? But then again, I've never had to refocus underwater, so it's not an issue for me.

All of the Halcyon's, salvodivings, and Sandroff lights focus without issue underwater. It's all just a matter of design.

I also have been very pleased with my Sartek 10watt HID head paired up with a Stealthdive cannister. My only complaint would be that I can't adjust the beam below ~40'. But I'm not sure how much design can overcome basic physics.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom