DUI Drysuit Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcus80

Registered
Reaction score
A DUI CF200x signature series is a $3000.00 proposition. My dealer does not carry them but another local guy, strictly MSRP, does. While we were flipping through his DUI catalog he paused long enough on the dealer cost sheet for me to catch a glimpse of his numbers. Well, his cost was almost half. I've supported a local guy to the tune of about $4000.00 this year already, and in this case, because my primary doesn't sell them, I'm looking for a deal. I wouldn't pay $1400 over dealer on a automobile so I'm thinking I won't do it for a drysuit. So if there are any DUI dealers lurking around looking for sales, like Larry from Scubatoys et al, I would happily entertain any and all more reasonable offers. ( I don't think Larry is a DUI dealer but if he's got a source I'll bite.) Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Mark

Would help to know where you are located...

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Yes, you saw it correctly, the dealer mark-up on DUI drysuits (and most scuba stuff) is 100%. That leaves you a lot of room to bargain. The one fly in the ointment is that DUI only allows the retailer to discount a maximum of 20% or lose their franchise. So, ask for the full 20% and then get other things thrown in for free - like a drysuit class, hood, undergarments, etc.

Never pay full price! Talk to the owner.

Larry is the Dui dealer. Like he said, he doesn't put the list on his website. I quoted the price once from him, but it was not attractive that much compared to any other items. Except drysuit, I already bought the bunch of gear from him.

You might want to try northeast scuba supply. they offer the CF200 signature series for well under $3000. I'm considering the same exact model, and so far they have the best deal i've been able to find. unfortunately, my local dealers cant come anywhere close to their price.

Try Dan's Dive Shop in Canada. The USD isn't as strong as it was when I got my drysuit, but he had great pricing on the DUI's. www.dansdiveshop.ca

I think I paid about $1,800. - $1,900. for my CF200 off the rack last year. Unless it has a whole bunch of extras that you want, I wouldn't spend more than $2 K for it.

Yes, you are right. I remember that they had a good deal last year, but I can't find any special this year after their upgrading website. I had better make a phone call:wink:

jonnythan:
Try Dan's Dive Shop in Canada. The USD isn't as strong as it was when I got my drysuit, but he had great pricing on the DUI's. www.dansdiveshop.ca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom