diversdiscount.com lies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add me to the unhappy customer list. I recently order from divers discount with plenty of time to get my stuff delivered by next week when I go to the Channel Islands.

I just now got an e-mail from them stating my items are in back order and will not arrive untill May 24th which is 5 days after I come back from my trip.

This was the first and a the last time that I will be doing business with them.

I've actually bought alot of stuff from diversdiscount and for the most part had very good results. But then again I've never been in a big hurry so no problems on my end.

... however, the one thing I have learned is that they tend to order everything from the manufacturer when you order it.
My guess is that there is no warehouse full of equip there... just a website that autoprocesses your CC and generates an order the the manufacturer. I figure the $aving$ is worth the wait. If I gotta have it now, I drive down the street and pay the LDS markup.

guerosd

Actually i live a few blocks from there location in Rancho Santa Margarita California. They do have a large wearhouse there but everthing i ever ordered from them had to be ordered from the manufacturer. If your looking for stock type itmes they will have it, if not your going to have to wait for them to get it in. And of course they will charge your card first and drag ass on ordering the items.

There show room is lacking in the selection department, you basically look on the web then go tell them what u want, and if they got it then your set. I have also stood at the counter waiting for help for 15 min before i got pissed and walked into the back offices and said "hey can someone help me out here"! This has happend on 2 or even 3 occasions.

I am not happy about the way they do business, but i am happier with them than my LDS.

Go into any Dive Shop in my area and we all agree on one thing, that theres one particular shop and person that we all dispise!

Andy

although diversdiscount.com might not be the best online dive retailer, all you people who waited till the last possible minute to order major dive gear were playing with fire.
Just my .02 cents

vertaqua once bubbled...
although diversdiscount.com might not be the best online dive retailer, all you people who waited till the last possible minute to order major dive gear were playing with fire.
Just my .02 cents

Vertaqua:
You have never had something fail just before heading off on a trip? Or never thought " gee I should stock up on that before I go!"?

Things dont always go to plan, so when a supplier offers "3 Days Delivery" or "in Stock" you expect to get it in that time frame.

What ever happened to "Customer Satisfaction"? Appears to be a thing of the past. I guess thats why the online stores are cheaper.

Vertaqua,

If you look at my original post you will see that we placed the order over a week before our trip was to depart. The problem was the fact that DD did not have the items in stock and could not get them until the day we left for the trip. BTW, we did get our LDS to order the same items for us and they had the items in 2 days before our departure. Our original intent was to have the wetsuits and other items in hand in time for us to get some pool practice/break-in time before the trip. I think that 10 days is more than adequate time to get stock in and send it out to the customer.

How long did you know you were going on that trip?
If I was you and I needed gear for a trip; as soon after I booked the trip I would order that gear.
Also I'd like to try out the gear if at all possible if going on a trip.
In my mind ten days is still cutting it too close.
Remember you assumed that everything would go as planned and would arrive on time.
Assumption is the Mother of All F@#$-Ups

10 Days is A LIFETIME!!!

I expect my purchases in 2-3 Days, leaving me 7-8 Days to play with it.

A HEAP of time.

Back when steel tanks were difficult to find, I ordered a couple of HP120's from DiversDiscount.com. It cost a ton of money for shipping, but the overall price was not bad.

One tank was fine. I'm still using it today.

The other tank was rusty on the inside. My LDS showed me and offered to clean it for free, even though I hadn't bought it there.

I use these tanks with hyperoxic gas. I don't need rust that will come back even faster in an O2 rich environment.

DD told me that the tank was fine and that I should call the manufacturer. The manufacturer informs me that the tank is bad and should be returned immediately.

DD would not refund the freight or ship a new tank until they got the old one back.

They got it back, together with a demand for a refund.

Two weeks went by. No refund despite at least 8 emails. Finally, I had them served with a demand by a California Sheriff (cc'd to the California AG's office). I also posted flame mail on their discussion board, which included the manufacturer's statement that the tank was defective. Surprise, they immediately refunded my money. They apoligized and closed the thread.

Prior to that, I had purchased several smaller items with good results. Now, however, I only purchase from my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom