I have a question for the dry crowd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RogerL.:
that provides the extra warmth? I'm going to check their other products to see if they are sufficient to do the job, otherwise they sound pretty good. Roger
I'm using now a thick (7mm) neoprene dry suit, so a thin fleece does it for me.
I just ordered me a custom Diving Concepts shell suit with the matching custom thinsulate underwear and will be using the jump suit as a base layer to protect the thinsulate from the body oils (Thinsulate doesn't appreciate it being washed :wink:)

In reading through this thread I have gathered a lot of good info. Diving mainly lakes and quarries I have been interested in moving to dry to increase the dive season, but have been somewhat confused as to all that it takes. Thanks all for the insight to what you use. Maybe when I go for it, I'll drop a note and see what you all think!!

Jeff

that's not going to cost an arm and a leg to get started with. I looked in the Cabela's new catalog and found that they have what they are calling Military Weight Polartec Power dry that looks pretty good. I would have prefered a one piece but I believe this will work, I can get both pieces for under $100. This is reasonable if they will do the job, is anyone aquainted with this product? Roger

It sounds neat and of course it sounds like it could be layed if need be. The price seems cheap enough also. I wanted to try and get this undergarment for under the hundreds of dollars the regular dive store stuff costs. We all know that there are items that are jacked way up to serve a designated group, divers being one of them. There should be generic items that will work as well without breaking the bank. I wanted also to stay away from the old cotton long johns as they are sponges as we all know. Thanks again, I'm getting closer to my goal. Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom