Having trouble compass navigating underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[post removed as too technical for basic scuba]

What did you post, compass use on a rebreather dive to 500 metres with no deco on Mars eyes closed

Allright, here it comes.
Would be more appropriate in the public safety diving forum, but I guess it's exciting to watch for all.

One just needs to place three sonar buoys in a triangle and then take this tablet on the dive. Accurate position in real time on a map. Route monitored and recorded on a lapton on the surface, too. One needs to be aware of sonar reflections from hard vertical walls though, but that's doable. Artifacts can easily be detected (your position jumps 50m in a second and you'll know there was a bad echo). Complete the system with a phoneline to the diver and great things can be achieved even without visibility. And oh, I have no financial interest in this system (but I did get free coffee and a really nice experience).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom