Fly Cozumel Canceled our flight and we leave tomorrow! Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of these planes allow substantial luggage? I see that Mayair only allows a small backpack size carry-on. I wouldn't mind paying for a second ticket if I could get luggage.
Perhaps you can contact them and get info on checked baggage and fees and post any info you get here, not a lot of info on their website. When I looked at them several years back (plus some comments on SB) they limited you on checked baggage also and their business model appeared to stress some pretty substantial overage fees on weight. I seem to remember that a second 23 Kg bag ran much more than an additional ticket would cost and when folks tried to just buy a second seat to allow for the bag it was not allowed. Perhaps their model has changed but regardless it would be nice to know one way or another.

Perhaps you can contact them and get info on checked baggage and fees and post any info you get here, not a lot of info on their website. When I looked at them several years back (plus some comments on SB) they limited you on checked baggage also and their business model appeared to stress some pretty substantial overage fees on weight. I seem to remember that a second 23 Kg bag ran much more than an additional ticket would cost and when folks tried to just buy a second seat to allow for the bag it was not allowed. Perhaps their model has changed but regardless it would be nice to know one way or another.
That was the sort of thing I was wondering about. I normally travel quite light (carryons for two weeks in Europe) but with scuba stuff there's no alternative sometimes. It's moderately alarming that there is no schedule or online booking on their site, either. Thanks for the heads up.

I haven’t flown them in 10 years since I had kids, we fly into Coz now. Previously you check in the person at the counter hands you a laminated boarding pass, they then step to the other side and take the boarding pass back as you step in the plane. Can’t imagine it has changed much.

You don't take 130# of luggage I guess.
No, I don't take that much for two weeks of cave diving in Tulum. I could fly to a dive trip in Cozumel with a backpack and a carry on.

Thanks all, we canceled our flight and now flying to Cozumel.
That's generally the best approach to the island. Cancun is a backup.
No, I don't take that much for two weeks of cave diving in Tulum. I could fly to a dive trip in Cozumel with a backpack and a carry on.
We all have our respective ideas on what makes a trip work.

Why do people want to fly 35 miles? Ado buses are clean, easy, $11, leave every hour, get you to PDC in an hour or so.
And Full of Covid these days....

1642859261993.png

And Full of Covid these days....
Oh, you're going to get that on the island anyway. Mexico lets anyone in without testing, and only half of the island locals wear masks in public. If you're going to go, then go, but accept that risk. Booster shots suggested.

ya but how long of a wait is it for the flight? it depeneds on the schedule. i have done the bag drag a bunch of times. sometimes when meeting a group on coz, we have made it there before the people flying.

15 minutes vs 2 plus hours after a long flight. I have done both, the flight is nice.
ya but how long of a wait is it for the flight? it depends on the schedule. i have done the bag drag a bunch of times. sometimes when meeting a group on coz, we have made it there before the people flying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom