Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the red one. sweet. photos don't do it justice.

Nice find on the queen triggerfish.

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0940 for a 1025 high tide. Entered the water at 1005. Visibility was similar to yesterday, about 30 feet, sea temp @ 75f. Did a REEF fish count, 67 species in 60 minutes. The only rare find was a beautifully bleached shell of an unidentified Murex species. When lifting the shell to inspect it, I found it was occupied by a Hermit Crab, and had a little gold sticker inside "Made In Kenya", further inspection revealed three other shells of similar origin, i.e. a souvenir shop, the other three shells had not been occupied by hermit crabs yet. Respectively, Caribbean Reef Squid, Lined Seahorse, Yellow Garden Eel, and Murex from Kenya.

01-21-22 Reef Squid.jpeg
01-21-22 Seahorse.jpeg
01-21-22 Yellow Garden Eel.jpeg
01-21-22 Murex Sheel From Kenya.jpeg

Nice dive at the BHB,
Weekdays with cold water temp have the parking lot empty enough we can choose to park on east or west side. Cool!

Had fun watching this pike blenny trying to bite of more than it can chew ... I guess he is quite territorial.

A dozen reef squid were curiously following us around ... and of course had to say hello to some of the regulars.

View attachment 701780

View attachment 701782

View attachment 701783

View attachment 701784
The first picture in this series is absolutely fantastic

Agree!!!!

That really is quite the capture of a moment!
All credit to Nathalie who has the patience and a steady hands. This scene played out for quite a while. After a few great shots, she also managed to capture this short video which is quite amusing :)

Hope to be back on Monday, maybe see you then.

All credit to Nathalie who has the patience and a steady hands. This scene played out for quite a while. After a few great shots, she also managed to capture this short video which is quite amusing :)

Hope to be back on Monday, maybe see you then.
Incredible:)

Looks like the cowfish wanted its belly scratched..

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0815 for an 1105 high tide. Early arrival was unnecessary, the park was not crowded, guessing the weather kept everybody but divers away. Entered the water at 1005 visibility was improved over yesterday at 40 feet, sea temp @ 75f. Observed a large Manatee three minutes into the dive, but only got video of it swimming away from me. Did a REEF fish count 68 species in 60 minutes. Found a few more seashells of souvenir shop quality, i.e. bleached beautifully and species not indigenous to the bridge. Respectively, Atlantic Spadefish, Bluewing Searobin, Brown Garden Eel, Dusky Jawfish, Red Grouper, and Shortnose Batfish.

01-22-22 Atlantic Spadefish.jpeg
01-22-22 Blue Wing Searobin.jpeg
01-22-22 Brown Garden Eel.jpeg
01-22-22 Dusky Jawfish.jpeg
01-22-22 Red Grouper.jpeg
01-22-22 Shortnose Batfish.jpeg

Nice.
I really wanted to go, however I am resigned to shore duty for a few more days..
Glad you had a good dive, nice critter finds.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom