Fly Cozumel Canceled our flight and we leave tomorrow! Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all! We are flying direct to Cancun and were going to fly to Cozumel but it just got cancelled. If we were to keep our reservation, what is the best or who should we use to drive to Playa to take the ferry over? Quickest preferably. Thank you so much!

Fly Cozumel canceled? Just take the bus, book a private van, or hire a taxi at the airport after haggling the price down to $50 one-way. It's pretty simple. For Cancun airport to PDC ferry, I just take the bus as it's clean, easy, cheap, and tricycle porters meet the buses to haul bags to the ferry dock.

At the ferry sales desk, buy one-way tickets for whichever boat is next. If you buy roundtrip, you may be delayed on return as boat departures so often change.

Fly Cozumel suspended suspended service the end of December. We have used
Jamie Hernandez +52 984 176 5441

Thanks all, we canceled our flight and now flying to Cozumel. Yes they just emailed me today and said the plane had issues one day before we're supposed to fly. I went to the website and it said they suspended their services a month ago. A little notice would of been nice since they knew at least a month ago. Anyways we're finally booked, the freaked out stress is over, and now time to relax. Thanks again!

Thanks all, we canceled our flight and now flying to Cozumel. Yes they just emailed me today and said the plane had issues one day before we're supposed to fly. I went to the website and it said they suspended their services a month ago. A little notice would of been nice and less stressful since they knew at least a month ago. Anyways we're finally booked, the freaked out stress is over, and now time to relax. Thanks again!

Do any of these planes allow substantial luggage? I see that Mayair only allows a small backpack size carry-on personal item. I wouldn't mind paying for a second ticket if I could get luggage.

EDIT: Looking at the dimensions it is basically the same size as the "personal bag" allowed on US airlines.

Why do people want to fly 35 miles? Ado buses are clean, easy, $11, leave every hour, get you to PDC in an hour or so. Tricycle porters meet the buses to haul bags to the ferry dock. Ferries leave every hour for 45 minute crossing, then grab a cab. None of these ever charged me extra for my 130# of luggage.

Why do people want to fly 35 miles? Ado buses are clean, easy, $11, leave every hour, get you to PDC in an hour or so. Tricycle porters meet the buses to haul bags to the ferry dock. Ferries leave every hour for 45 minute crossing, then grab a cab. None of these ever charged me extra for my 130# of luggage.

15 minutes vs 2 plus hours after a long flight. I have done both, the flight is nice.

15 minutes vs 2 plus hours after a long flight. I have done both, the flight is nice.
You don't take 130# of luggage I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom