Best online dive log app?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the beauties of a digital log book is that once you have downloaded the dive from your computer you and anyone you choose to show it to can see your dives and profiles. If I were to show anyone my log on Subsurface they can quickly see what types of dives, where and who with and exactly how the profile went with ascent rates, gas use etc.
Agreed. Another benefit is that when combined with a computer that allows uploading, the digital log makes it stupid easy. During my surface interval, I can upload my dive, and log the location using my phone’s GPS. That can be especially useful if I make several dives and move between each one.

Digital logs also travel better. When I started diving, I used physical log books. Dive computers weren’t common back then. At some point, I moved and misplaced several. That was discouraging.

They are also far more useful. Especially with an AI computer. Much more easy to search through dives by location, buddy, etc. Can’t really do that with a paper log other than flipping through pages.

Between the lost log books, and my growing perception that the physical logs were useless, I stopped logging dives for a really long time. Like 10 years or so. I didn’t really start logging again until I bought a computer that came with the download cable.

I use Diving Log 6.0. I have it on my phones, tablet and PC. I just use Dropbox to keep all devices in sync. I tried a couple of others but found Diving Log more to my liking and it was more reliable at connecting to mt AL i300c

At the end of the dive when I am having post dive refreshments, I simply download to my phone by Bluetooth then add in the additional details and sync to Dropbox. It only takes about 2 minutes then dives are recorded and backed up.

Subsurface seems to be missing a valid SSL certificate... I only get errors when I try to visit the page. Any other cloud-based divelogs (preferably with an Android app or proper mobile interface)?

Subsurface seems to be missing a valid SSL certificate... I only get errors when I try to visit the page. Any other cloud-based divelogs (preferably with an Android app or proper mobile interface)?

You are missing current root CA certificates. The certificates on all the servers are current and valid. Feel free to reach out in email and I'll be happy to help.

Ahhh, the beautiful feeling of eating your own words...

No, the problem was indeed on my end. But when I saw your message, @Cheizz , I tested things and they worked (and indeed, some very old OSs have started failing because of missing root CA certs - so the response seemed reasonably).

If you aren't a computer geek feel free to stop reading now and accept my apologies - the problem should be fixed now.

For those who are curious - the web server sits behind a proxy, and the system from which I am posting this sits on the same side of the proxy as the web server. And the web server was up and running and happy with valid certificates and everything. It was the proxy that threw up - but to me this was invisible. When I got a second report from someone saying "your webserver is broken" I actually tunneled out and accessed things from the "outside" and was indeed able to recreate the problem and was subsequently able to fix it (by rebooting the proxy server).

Sorry about the confusion.

Subsurface is fine. I like DivingLog 6 better. I have them both.
I also like the divelogs.de community. Check it out. DivingLog6 at least, can upload there.

You are missing current root CA certificates. The certificates on all the servers are current and valid. Feel free to reach out in email and I'll be happy to help.

Ahhh, the beautiful feeling of eating your own words...

No, the problem was indeed on my end. But when I saw your message, @Cheizz , I tested things and they worked (and indeed, some very old OSs have started failing because of missing root CA certs - so the response seemed reasonably).

If you aren't a computer geek feel free to stop reading now and accept my apologies - the problem should be fixed now.

For those who are curious - the web server sits behind a proxy, and the system from which I am posting this sits on the same side of the proxy as the web server. And the web server was up and running and happy with valid certificates and everything. It was the proxy that threw up - but to me this was invisible. When I got a second report from someone saying "your webserver is broken" I actually tunneled out and accessed things from the "outside" and was indeed able to recreate the problem and was subsequently able to fix it (by rebooting the proxy server).

Sorry about the confusion.
Problem is fixed. I had no idea what you were on about though haha. I just FELT it wasn't me! :)

Diving Log 6 is by far the best digital diving logbook on the market. You have to purchase the product I grant you, but having bought it you get upgrades for life. Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log

In comparison, Subsurface is very "clunky" looking and a bit rough looking. Diving Log 6 will "speak" to almost every dive computer on the market and is well worth the investment.

Another vote for Dive Log on iPhone and Diving Log on PC. Great products and accessible developers if you have questions or suggestions for improvements.

It’s easy to download from my Shearwater DC’s to my iPhone via BT on a trip. I then wifi synch from the iPhone to my PC when I get back home! The 2 products work together pretty seamlessly.

subsurface is free and open source

+1 to subsurface

you can export your subsurface logs to divelogs.de, or sync them via subsurface cloud to your phone's subsurface mobile app. the subsurface mobile app also allows you to upload log files from your BT enabled shearwater computer directly to the app

Gonna also vote for Dive Log (iOS) paired with Diving Log 6.0 desktop.
really great logging app. Once you do the tutorial to sync up the two, you'll be more than satisfied

Back
Top Bottom