Did Hotel Cozumel just TRIPLE their rates??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When my son and I went, we simply got an AirBnB (very cheap) right down town within walking distance to everything. Went with a local dive op and got a car. Was super easy and flexible. I'd like to do SCC at some point for the convenient night diving. We did have a great night dive with our op though too. So many Octi's!

It's the same shore dive at Hotel Cozumel as at SCC. They are side by side & you're welcome to swim in either direction.

T
When my son and I went, we simply got an AirBnB (very cheap) right down town within walking distance to everything. Went with a local dive op and got a car. Was super easy and flexible. I'd like to do SCC at some point for the convenient night diving. We did have a great night dive with our op though too. So many Octi's!
That is what we're doing but can't decide if we need a car. We're 5 adults. Any thoughts?

T
When my son and I went, we simply got an AirBnB (very cheap) right down town within walking distance to everything. Went with a local dive op and got a car. Was super easy and flexible. I'd like to do SCC at some point for the convenient night diving. We did have a great night dive with our op though too. So

Unless you plan on regularly going to the east side, I would say no car required.

A car in Cozumel is a convienence to move from one place to another but once you get to that other place, where are you going to park? Parking at the marina and downtown all suck - East side is really the only good parking.

Taxis are plentyful, the rates aren't terrible. If going to the East side, rent the car for a day..

I own a truck, motorcycle and scooter. I drive the motorcycle virtually everywhere, the truck is only for picking something up or when it's cold out....

Having been a motorcyclist most of my life I find a scooter is the best and most economical way to get around the island. I figure so long as I'm moving faster than the cars, no one can hit me from behind.

Is there still parking for scooters at Fonatur?

Taxis are plentyful, the rates aren't terrible. If going to the East side, rent the car for a day..
Or hire a taxi for the day. After many years of me acquiring a vehicle to drive my group to the east side and having to be the daddy, we started hiring a cab. The cost is not significantly more than renting a van (there are usually 8+ of us), and I certainly have a better time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom