Best sources for O2 sensors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually get rEvo cells from DGX.

- brett

I’m also going to toss Sub Gravity in as well as Dive Gear Express. I like Sub Gravity since they offer subscriptions so I don’t have to think about ordering cells, they just show up at my door. If I have a failure I’ll usually buy it from DGX as it tends to get to my house quicker than Sub Gravity as I’m on the East Coast.

I buy Sorb from SubGravity. They seem to be the only company that does free shipping anymore in the US. They have been great.

Been using the rEvo B censors made by Vandergraph for 9 years, can't fault them, generally get 2.5 years out of them as I cycle them through my unit, never had one fail inside two years.

and way way down at the bottom
AST
Should read all AST sensors should be placed way down in your trash bin.

Worst sensors I've ever experienced. Ordered some for my ccr when sensors were scarce and they sucked. Got sent an ast sensor for my oxycheq analyzer 3 separate times due to them sucking. Every single one of those sucked.
I have an ast sensor in my gear bag for an absolute emergency, but honestly I'd probably rather scrub the dive than use one. They're there just in case I'm out of the country and don't have backups easily acquirable. But now that other sensors are coming back, the ASTs are either going to be sold cheap or thrown away and replaced with good sensors.

Should read all AST sensors should be placed way down in your trash bin.

Worst sensors I've ever experienced. Ordered some for my ccr when sensors were scarce and they sucked. Got sent an ast sensor for my oxycheq analyzer 3 separate times due to them sucking. Every single one of those sucked.
I have an ast sensor in my gear bag for an absolute emergency, but honestly I'd probably rather scrub the dive than use one. They're there just in case I'm out of the country and don't have backups easily acquirable. But now that other sensors are coming back, the ASTs are either going to be sold cheap or thrown away and replaced with good sensors.
Initially, I bought 30 of them when you couldn't get AI cells. They really sucked, they found the problem and fixed it. Pat was good about warranting them out and I wasn't having issues with the new ones. But that stopped. I have been waiting on 12 warranty replacement sensors for about 6 months now. I gave up. AI is available and I have gone back to ordering those. Lead time is worse than it used to be, but they are shipping again. I ordered another 30 this week.

Initially, I bought 30 of them when you couldn't get AI cells. They really sucked, they found the problem and fixed it. Pat was good about warranting them out and I wasn't having issues with the new ones. But that stopped. I have been waiting on 12 warranty replacement sensors for about 6 months now. I gave up. AI is available and I have gone back to ordering those. Lead time is worse than it used to be, but they are shipping again. I ordered another 30 this week.
I agree at first the customer service was good. But in my recent dealings with them about really high resting mV on one I was using in my oxycheq analyzer, they were awful.
I was also told they found the problem and fixed it. So I was sent new cells that were supposedly from one of the good batches, but still nothing but problems.

I get mine from directly from JJ and prefers theirs anyway. Being in Europe means that options are limited anyway, but I'd rather the ones meant for my unit than 3rd party.

I get mine from directly from JJ and prefers theirs anyway. Being in Europe means that options are limited anyway, but I'd rather the ones meant for my unit than 3rd party.
JJ's are made by Vandagraph for reference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom