Best sources for O2 sensors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are people's favorite sources for RELIABLE O2 sensors? I dive a Prism 2 and I'm super frustrated with sensors lasting only a few months.
In order of quality:
Teledyne (out of the CCR business)
Vandergraph
AI

and way way down at the bottom
AST

Vandergraphs are almost all going to medical sources so you are stuck with AI. The highest volume dealers are preferred. Stock does not last on the shelf very long

In order of quality:
Teledyne (out of the CCR business)
Vandergraph
AI

and way way down at the bottom
AST

Vandergraphs are almost all going to medical sources so you are stuck with AI. The highest volume dealers are preferred. Stock does not last on the shelf very long
And wouldn't you know it, all three of the sensors I have fail on me are from AST. My one good sensor is from DGX but it doesn't say (or I didn't see) the manufacturer is (edit: thanks Tom I see your post now) and I only have one backup.

Now I need to figure out if I want the sensor conversion and replacing the Hollis wiring which is my biggest complaint. I know copper is commonly stolen from construction sites but it isn't that expensive (not my problem today, but a problem in the past).

DGX is my source as well. I have to add a few trinkets to the order now to get free shipping. This month I now have several years supply of high pressure spools. Next order I will have a new batch of snap bolts. Some double enders will be coming in another future order, etc.

I have good luck with Dive Gear Express AI cells. I've been using them for over 10 years. Most of the time my cells last for at least 18 months at a rate of about 100 dives per year. Once in a while I will find a cell that dies is less than a year. I tend to keep 3 cells in reserve for the two KISS Spirit's in the family. I always mark the Mo/Yr with a sharpie when I install them and track that and the manufacturer date.

I just said screw it, and ordered 3 more sensors so I have two backups. While I qualified for free shipping, I really want to dive next Tuesday, so I bit the bullet with shipping. And I finally got myself one of their t-shirts.

DGX has never let me down, and the general consensus is that everyone buys their sensors from them, so I'm just going to follow suit.

I have been buying my cells from Narked@90 since Teledyne stopped with CCR cells. Excellent service, and they show up in about the same time as a US based item will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom