Does anyone use Apple AirTags for traveling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bman940

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am considering using Apple AirTags for our next trip. We have only had one incident of lost luggage, of course, it was a direct flight! Anyway, friends lost their gear for 3 days and I don't want that to happen to me. Thoughts?

I put AirTags in our luggage for our last flight to Florida. We were able to track our backs from the plane to the carousel after landing pretty accurately.

I guess I'd put the tag inside the regulator body (remove faceplate). Wonder of the case would interrupt the signal... In the bag would likely just let you find the dumpster, not the contents...

Interesting idea... (I carry on my valuables), everything else is easy to rent.

I’ve had good luck with AirTags, and would never travel anywhere without them. The ones in my garage at home and in my hotel both updated in the last 10 min, they’re very reliable anywhere frequented by passers-by. They have their limitations but you will never find a better insurance bargain. $130 for a four-pack is an incredible deal even if you’re not an Apple person.

Just to stalk my ex.

Yeah, I know, baaad joke, mea culpa . . .

Just got back from Cozumel, I put AirTags on our two checked bags, my backpack with our dive Regs, and my wife’s purse. Worked great, I could see our bags move from the terminal to the plane.

Air Tags have saved my ass. When we were in Cozumel last year my pelican roller case with $10k worth of camera gear had an air tag in it. There were 9 of us in a taxi to the Air BNB and I was responsible for making sure we got into the BNB so some of my friends offered to grab my bags while they unloaded. Well, somehow my camera case got set on the curb in front of the house and overlooked until about an hour later I realized it was missing. We walked back out to the curb and it was gone. I checked the Air Tag and it was shown as being in the neighbors garage. They had picked it up off of the curb thinking someone had put it in the trash since it was next to the trashcans (or so they claimed.) Luckily I had fluent Spanish speakers with me, we were able to explain the situation and I got my camera rig back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom