Wanted Poseidon Odin Model 3960 Hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he claims they're getting harder to get every year? I don't buy that many parts from Poseidon every year, and @rsingler can probably give more insight since he does, but the end is not in sight for the Jetstreams. They use the same parts as the Xstream and they're both in current production. Hell you can buy all the parts you want from @DiveGearExpress , they're on the website
Good to know DGE is a source for Odin parts. I beleive he was referring to O ring kits he uses for the overhaul or maybe some of the parts that are not o rings are harder to find. Anyway, he sold his Dive shop and now works for the new owner tuning up regulators 1-2 days per week. He does the Regulators for all the local LE Scuba teams: NYPD, Nassau County PD, Suffolk County PD, NYS Police, as well as the serious deep and wreck divers in and around Long Island. I trust him completely.

Good to know DGE is a source for Odin parts. I beleive he was referring to O ring kits he uses for the overhaul or maybe some of the parts that are not o rings are harder to find. Anyway, he sold his Dive shop and now works for the new owner tuning up regulators 1-2 days per week. He does the Regulators for all the local LE Scuba teams: NYPD, Nassau County PD, Suffolk County PD, NYS Police, as well as the serious deep and wreck divers in and around Long Island. I trust him completely.

I don't know how he would think the parts are becoming hard to get though. For the Jetstreams, they're still in production and it is unlikely they will discontinue them anytime soon. The 3960's were discontinued a couple years ago and some major parts for those may eventually dry up, but all of the parts are still available and the ones that would likely end up discontinued are things like the body itself, vs any of the consumables.

The 3960's were discontinued a couple years ago and some major parts for those may eventually dry up, but all of the parts are still available and the ones that would likely end up discontinued are things like the body itself, vs any of the consumables.
I believe he was saying since it is discontinued, the parts will or already are drying up. He did mention getting to the point where he would take parts i need from one reg, to be used in the other one, to keep one of them going as long as possible. I am lucky mine are in such nice condition and were perfectly stored for the long term.

I believe he was saying since it is discontinued, the parts will or already are drying up. He did mention getting to the point where he would take parts i need from one reg, to be used in the other one, to keep one of them going as long as possible. I am lucky mine are in such nice condition and were perfectly stored for the long term.

You are probably 20 years away from having to worry about any parts drying up. Only on the first stages but it will be quite a while and if you damage anything that bad the cost will probably warrant a new first stage even if the parts are available.

Understood tbone

I would stick with the first stage you already own unless you have another use for that complete regulator. The 3960 first is a true workhorse of a first stage. Any second stage you find will work fine with it as jetstream IPs are consistent with other manufacturers.

As to Apeks dealers, Dive Right In Scuba is a sponsor on this board and an Apeks dealer.
I have personally used them for many things for years and have been pleased.
Tracy, I took your advice and made a $2,000 purchase from Dive Right in Scuba today. Pleasant to deal with and I let them know being a sponsor here was the reason I contacted them.

Tracy, I took your advice and made a $2,000 purchase from Dive Right in Scuba today. Pleasant to deal with and I let them know being a sponsor here was the reason I contacted them.
I'm sure they appreciated that. What did you wind up buying?

Shopping list included:
Shearwater Perdix AI
Shearwater Swift Transmitter
Aluminum protective frame for Perdix
Dive Rite LX-20
Mares Trilastic 5MM booties
Mares Power Plana Tech Fins
ScubaPro Tech Shorts
Nitrox tank stickers

I still need a dive mask and Apeks XTX-50 Reg’s and a boatload of training in order to visit the deep wrecks that are on my list.

The order was placed yesterday and the box arrives tomorrow, so their shipping is fast. They certainly did not waste anytime getting the order out the door. Communication was also good.

I am glad to support a Sponsor of this forum and I did let them know I only heard of them, due to their sponsorship here. Everyone on SB has been so helpful (including Tracy) and pleasant here fielding my questions as I do research to replace my 1990’s era dive equipment and try to get back into scuba diving, with a focus on Tech diving this time.

if it's on a 3960 why not just buy the cheap DGX adapter and use a normal hose? The OPV is built into the body of the first stage so it doesn't need the custom hoses
Do you happen to have a link to this DGX adapter please? DGX does not know what I am talking about. This is to change from using the Poseidon hose to a regular hose. Is it one adapter or two adapters for either end of the hose ?

Back
Top Bottom