combine Raja Ampat with land based location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are no flights to Denpassar right now because there is almost no demand to go to Bali due to essentially no tourists visas. When "COVID is no longer affecting trips" there will be many, many flights to Denpassar.
I’m able to find 2 flights from Houston to Denpasar in August, with one stop in Dubai (Emirates) and Doha (Qatar Air). May be they are anticipating that Bali will be open by August?

I’m able to find 2 flights from Houston to Denpasar in August, with one stop in Dubai (Emirates) and Doha (Qatar Air). May be they are anticipating that Bali will be open by August?
People have been buying various flights to Bali for quite a while now. All are canceled and people are rebooked on flights to Jakarta.

People have been buying various flights to Bali for quite a while now. All are canceled and people are rebooked on flights to Jakarta.
Thanks for pointing that out. Won’t repeat the same mistake then.

Sorry I haven't read the replies but if you're coming from US, what I'd do is fly into Singapore, and there should be direct flights to Manado, North Sulawesi from Singapore. Unless the rona killed those flights.
I would recommend your land-based activities in Manado and surrounding areas. From Manado it's a short flight to Sorong (to board your liveaboard etc). At end of LOB you fly back into Manado and do you land-based things.
Manado is beautiful, food is the BEST (Manado food is the BEST BEST BEST, plus their desserts OMG finger licking), and if you want to dive more you can do Bunaken and Lembeh near Manado.

Singapore-Manado-Sorong. That's what I'd do.
Or if Singapore-Manado direct is no more, Jakarta-Manado-Sorong.

Re- the OP question, I would say Ambon or Manado (Lembeh or Bangka) are nice additions to R4, also they'd take only an hour flight from/to Sorong.

food is the BEST (Manado food is the BEST BEST BEST, plus their desserts OMG finger licking), and if you want to dive more you can do Bunaken and Lembeh near Manado.
My take, I'd rate food from Maluku especially Ambon slighly above N/Sulawesi, try the slightly smoked and BBQed fish with kenari almond sauce.
Now I will give you a point for the Klaapertart. :)

bats aren't even delicious.
They can be, when it's served like in Vanuatu, cooked in a wine civet (You can't beat food from the ex french colonies).

Countries I have been that served bat: Cambodia, Communist china, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, PNG, Palau, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.

I have and will never try it but........million of people can't be wrong on this delicacy.

Sorry I haven't read the replies but if you're coming from US, what I'd do is fly into Singapore, and there should be direct flights to Manado, North Sulawesi from Singapore. Unless the rona killed those flights.
I would recommend your land-based activities in Manado and surrounding areas. From Manado it's a short flight to Sorong (to board your liveaboard etc). At end of LOB you fly back into Manado and do you land-based things.
Manado is beautiful, food is the BEST (Manado food is the BEST BEST BEST, plus their desserts OMG finger licking), and if you want to dive more you can do Bunaken and Lembeh near Manado.

Singapore-Manado-Sorong. That's what I'd do.
Or if Singapore-Manado direct is no more, Jakarta-Manado-Sorong.
What is exactly beautiful about Manado?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom